What can be better than making boiled peanuts? How about making Instant Pot boiled peanuts? That’s exactly what I did the other day! My whole family knows that I love using my Instant Pot whenever I can, so I was challenged to see if I could Instant Pot boiled peanuts, and then see how they would turn out. I love that I was able to use my Instant Pot to make a Southern treat that pours like sweet tea in every family. How did the Instant Pot boiled peanuts turn out, you ask? They turned out simply amazing! In fact, my family barely left me any to eat. So I have the seal of approval, and requests to make more for them. Which is fine by me. I don’t mind being able to make the family a snack that they all enjoy that requires very little dedication on my part.
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts in Under an Hour
This is totally my favorite part! The time it takes to make these Instant Pot boiled peanuts. Typically, it takes about 1-3 hours to make boiled peanuts on the stove (normally 3 hours). The best part about making the boiled peanuts in the Instant Pot is not just the length of time, but I don’t have to worry about sweating in the kitchen from the hot steam coming from the boiling pot of water. Now I can make boiled peanuts in the middle of the Summer, and not have to worry about heating up my kitchen! I totally love that!
Admittedly, I never really liked boiled peanuts. Mostly because they were just too salty for my taste. Every time I ate one, it was like I was licking a a salt lick that was left for deers…and no, I don’t wanna talk about how I know what a deer salt lick tastes like! Let’s just say that it’s part of curiosity of growing up in the South with a huge deer population. I still tremble at thinking about it!
Click to Tweet if you love boiled peanuts! #instantpot Click To Tweet
Anyway, for this recipe…I think it’s just the perfect amount of salt mixed with a little bit of spice. Just how I like it! Honestly, I think you’re gonna love it, and will want to make it over and over again. Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to share some other fabulous Instant Pot recipes that I’ve made and my family has loved!
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cobbler
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Parmesan Potatoes
- Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread
Plus I have many more Instant Pot recipes that I know you’ll love making for your family! Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
- 1 pound raw peanuts
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 7 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama (or other cajun seasoning)
- Place raw peanuts and all ingredients into your Instant Pot, and stir with a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients around in the pot.
- Close lid, and set your IP on High Manual Pressure for 30 minutes, and then let it NPR.
- Make sure all steam is released! Remove lid, and serve! I like mine warm and not too hot. But SO many people love eating them hot, so enjoy!
by David Murphy