Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta dish I made last night was a HUGE hit with my family! My family is loving the Instant Pot, as I am able to get dinner done and served in under 30 minutes. That’s a HUGE sigh of relief in my home as I have such a busy day before trying to get dinner started. Time escapes me, and I wind up taking over 1 1/2 hours to making a full meal for my family. In fact, I have used my Instant Pot 3 times this week, and am planning on a fourth soon! This week I made Sausage & Peppers and then Tex Mex Chili in my Instant Pot. Go and grab the recipes because they’re super simple and definitely delicious!
My family adores and chicken, and they love them some cheese. So of course, it was an easy thing to try to cook. The only thing that I was concerned about was, “What type of pasta” I should use. Common sense kicked in and told me that I would need a thick and hearty pasta too cook with the chicken. So I used an orecchiette bag of pasta that I already had on hand. You can use different pasta with it, such as penne and rigatoni.
CLICK THE “SAVE THIS!” Button to Pin on Pinterest for later!
I hope you enjoy this super duper easy and delicious instant pot cheesy chicken and pasta recipe!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken And Pasta
- Approximately 2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 bag/box (16 ounces) orecchiette pasta.
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream (Yes, you can use whole milk in place of heavy cream)
- 2 cups of warm-hot water
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- With your IP on sauté, add in olive oil. Wait until it's heated and add in your 1" cubed chicken chunks.
- Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. I just wanted a little seared color on them.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (except heavy cream and cheeses) and close your IP lid. Please be sure to mix the pasta in with the chicken and liquid in your IP. This will help your pasta cook more evenly. Set on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes. NPR for 5-6 minutes, then do a QR (Quick pressure Release) when done.
- Set your IP on sauté. Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Stir pasta and cheese mixture until all cheese has melted. Turn off your IP. Allow pasta to set 3-4 minutes before serving.
- The type of pasta I used is VERY dense. If you're using other types of pasta, your cooking time will be different.
- I definitely recommend in NOT using super cold milk or heavy cream. Feel free to place in the microwave for about 20 seconds to get rid of the chill, and your dairy won't curdle in it.
- All bags of shredded cheese have a slight coating of potato starch on them to stop them from sticking to each other. You can totally grate your own to add in!
You will not have made an easier or delicious meal in your Instant Pot. My Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta is going to be a HUGE hit in your home, too! Please note: IF you’re using a 6 quart Instant Pot, you will have to adjust your liquid some by using a little less. When I get a 6 quart Instant Pot, I will update the recipe for you!