I’ve been wanting to make Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers for a while now, but I have been trying to figure out the right way to do it. Of course, I looked at different recipes and I just didn’t like them…or the directions were just a little too vague.
I FINALLY came across a recipe with great directions. I modified it for my own likings because it was a Sausage & Peppers with Pasta dish, but it was so super easy enough to transform it a little bit without the pasta. However, her recipe looks fabulous and is a total must try in my book.
If you enjoy my instant pot sausage & peppers recipe, then you’re definitely going to love my Instant Pot Tex Mex Chili recipe!
My Family Loves Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
The Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers recipe was a huge hit with my family last night when I made it! Don’t tell my nephews, but they totally ate up the onions and peppers. The Instant Pot made the onions so translucent, and they literally dissolved when you took a bite.
The best part? These were the most moist and delicious sausage links that I have totally ever made. Every bite was filled with a tender piece of sausage that melted on your tongue. It was ridiculous, and so much better than in my slow cooker!
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers Recipe Is Flexible
Now for the recipe! After the recipe, I have a visual guide to help you along the way. I love me some visuals. They’re a great way to know that you’re on point with the recipe and not just guessing around.
You can add in your own favorite jars of sauce, or maybe you have some of your own fresh sauce ready to go!
You can add in:
- red pepper flakes
- Slap Ya’ Mama cajun seasonings
- fennel seeds
- different colored bell peppers
- parmesan cheese (at the end to add more texture and creamy flavor)
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- 1 package of Sweet Italian Sausage Links (Approximately 2 pounds or 14 links)
- 1 28 oz can of Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 Large Sweet onion (or 2 medium onions) sliced
- 3 Large Red Bells Peppers (cored and sliced)
- With your IP on Sauté, heat olive oil and add minced garlic. When the garlic becomes just a little golden in color, add your sausage links. Brown the sausage links on different sides to add color and release flavors. This should take about 5-7 minutes in total.
- When your sausage is done, add in the onions, peppers, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and all other ingredients on top. You do NOT need to stir. The IP is going to do it's job!
- Put your IP on Manual Mode for 26 minutes. It could probably use a little less time, but I'm a little on the crazy side of life when it comes to cooking pork based products.
- When the time is up, do a QR.
- Release the lid and give it a nice stir to finish melding the flavors together. Smells and looks amazing!
Instant Pot Sausage & Peppers Recipe Visual Guide
You can see the chunks of peppers & onions are still there, but they melt with every bite! You know how the casing around the sausage can be somewhat chewy? There wasn’t even any of that! It was like the sausage casing didn’t even exist.
I hope you enjoyed my recipe, and let me know when you make it and how you enjoyed it! Also, let me know if you made any other tweaks. I would love to try it!