Who knew you could make a version of a Instant Pot chicken parmigiana? I was able to cut down the cooking time, make a little bit “healthier”, and make it often in my home. Besides my Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta dish, this is one of my nephew’s and Angela’s favorite dish for me to make time and time again. Which I don’t mind because it’s so easy to make, and they clean their plates.
You’re going to love my instant pot chicken parmigiana. I’m calling it instant pot chicken parmigiana light because the chicken tenderloins aren’t breaded, so you are getting a few less calories in your diet. Lawd knows that the pasta has enough of those yummy thigh stretching calories.
If you can’t tell yet, I’ve fallen in love with my Instant Pot. I have made 5 meals out of this past week! It’s a great time saver for busy people like myself. I love that I can put frozen chicken into the Instant Pot, and then 15 minutes later its done and ready to be served to my family.
I made this meal in approximately under 30 minutes from start to finish (including time for your Instant Pot to come to pressure). The Instant Pot still amazes me with it’s functionality and helping feed my huge brood. Now that you’ve seen the pictures, let’s get to that recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana Light Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 bag of frozen chicken tenderloins - 2 1/2 pounds (un-breaded - approximately 23-25 tenderloins)
- 6 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 box of rigatoni pasta (approximately 1 pound of dried pasta)
- 2 cups of non-fat (or low fat) shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups hot water
- Place frozen chicken tenderloins, 2 cups hot water, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano, into your Instant Pot. Manually set for 12 minutes.
- Once done do a QR for pressure.
- With a wooden spoon, break up the pieces of chicken into smaller pieces. They'll be so tender, so this will easily happen.
- Add in your pasta and give it stir in the pot. Pour in your sauce on top. Don't stir the sauce around because you want the water to come to pressure, and if you mix the sauce around, it will become more dense and harder for the IP to come to pressure.
- Manually set for 5 minutes, and then QR the pressure.
- Add parmesan cheese, give it a stir and you're ready to serve!
- Serve with shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
I hope you enjoyed my Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana Light Recipe! Be sure to check out my other Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Instant Pot Tex Mex Chili
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Bacon
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread