Who knew you could make a version of a Instant Pot chicken parmigiana? I was able to cut down the cooking time, make a little bit “healthier”, and make it often in my home. Besides my Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta dish, this is one of my nephew’s and Angela’s favorite dish for me to make time and time again. Which I don’t mind because it’s so easy to make, and they clean their plates.
You’re going to love my instant pot chicken parmigiana. I’m calling it instant pot chicken parmigiana light because the chicken tenderloins aren’t breaded, so you are getting a few less calories in your diet. Lawd knows that the pasta has enough of those yummy thigh stretching calories.
If you can’t tell yet, I’ve fallen in love with my Instant Pot. I have made 5 meals out of this past week! It’s a great time saver for busy people like myself. I love that I can put frozen chicken into the Instant Pot, and then 15 minutes later its done and ready to be served to my family.
I made this meal in approximately under 30 minutes from start to finish (including time for your Instant Pot to come to pressure). The Instant Pot still amazes me with it’s functionality and helping feed my huge brood. Now that you’ve seen the pictures, let’s get to that recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmigiana Light Recipe
- 1 bag of frozen chicken tenderloins - 2 1/2 pounds (un-breaded - approximately 23-25 tenderloins)
- 6 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 boxes of rigatoni pasta (approximately 1 1/2 pounds of dried pasta)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta
- Instant Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Instant Pot Tex Mex Chili
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Bacon
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread