Turn regular meringues into cheerful Christmas meringues by following this simple Christmas Meringue Pops Recipe!
These meringue pops are made with egg whites instead of meringue powder and colored with holiday-appropriate food colorings. Once piped into Christmas-inspired shapes onto popsicle sticks, these meringues can then be further decorated with sprinkles before baked, cooled, and served!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THESE CHRISTMAS MERINGUE POPS
These festive holiday meringue pops are no different to regular meringues, except that they are piped into Christmas-inspired shapes with a popsicle stick. They make adorable holiday treats and gifts with minimal ingredients required and various ways to adapt them!
HOW SHOULD I STORE CHRISTMAS MERINGUE POPS?
These holiday meringue pops can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
I don’t recommend storing your meringue pops in the fridge as the moisture from condensation in the fridge will alter the texture of the meringue, turning them soft and soggy.
ARE THESE MERINGUE POPS GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes! There’s no gluten in these delicious treats. These holiday meringue pops are also dairy free.
CAN I USE MERINGUE POWDER INSTEAD OF EGG WHITES?
Absolutely! While I’ve used egg whites to make the meringue, you can use meringue powder instead. Meringue powder is essentially a powdered egg white product that makes meringue with ease, less mess, and is ideal if you live in humid conditions.
You can source meringue powder with the baking supplies in most big box stores or online.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THESE CHRISTMAS MERINGUE POPS?
- I’ve used vanilla extract in these meringue pops but you can use another flavorant such as peppermint extract which would be a great option for the holidays.
- Use different types of festive sprinkles and sanding sugar to decorate these holiday meringue pops before adding them to the oven.
- I’ve created Santa hats and Christmas tree meringue pops but you can make an assortment of Christmas-inspired meringue shapes such as Christmas wreaths, stars, and snowmen.
- You can easily make these meringue pops for another holiday or special occasion. A heart-shaped meringue pop with pink and white sprinkles would be perfect for Valentine’s day!
- Change the food coloring of these holiday meringues to suit your decorating preferences.
- Consider using decorative straws instead of wooden popsicle sticks.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHRISTMAS MERINGUE POPS
- Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper before piping the meringue mixture will ensure that the meringues do not stick to the surface of the baking sheet which will make it hard to remove without breaking the baked meringue.
- If you decide to add extra edible decorations to your meringues such as sprinkles, make sure to do so before baking the meringue otherwise they won’t stick to the meringue.
- Do not open the oven door while the meringues are baking or while they rest in the oven for the hour.
- These Christmas meringue pops would make adorable holiday gifts. Place a clear plastic bag over the meringue and tie it closed with a decorative ribbon.
More Easy Christmas Recipes To Make
- Stranger Things Christmas Lights Cookies
- Cutest Christmas Doughnuts Recipe
- Holiday Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Christmas Reindeer Cupcakes
- Christmas Peanut Butter Fudge