If you love crispy skin and juicy meat, then you’ll love this easy air fryer turkey breast recipe. Made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard, you’ll be making turkey breast more than just at holidays!
This air fryer turkey breast comes out super juicy and is ready in less than 50 minutes! This boneless turkey breast is perfect for when you want to enjoy a fresh, smaller portion of turkey without having to buy the whole bird or wait for Thanksgiving!
Of course, we love our air fryer, and this is one of the reasons why! Instead of cooking a turkey in the oven for 3-4 hours, this meal is ready in less than an hour!
Should I Make A Whole Turkey, or Just the Turkey Breast?
A whole turkey won’t fit in an air fryer unless it’s chopped and cooked in batches. If you want to cook a whole turkey, using the oven will work better. However, in many cases, even at Thanksgiving, we don’t need to cook a whole turkey. Just the breast is enough meat.
This recipe calls for a whole turkey breast. A 6-7 pound breast will feed 6-8 people comfortably. If you need more, you may want to air fry two breasts separately or use the oven instead.
What to Serve with Your Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Serve your turkey with with potatoes, rice, or our famous roasted veggies for a complete meal easy enough for a weeknight, but yummy enough for dinner guests! Here are some other ideas:
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes
- Homemade stuffing or our Apple Bacon Stuffing
- Cranberry sauce
- Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread
How to Store Leftover Turkey Breast
You can store your leftover turkey breast wrapped in plastic wrap or sealed in Ziploc bags for 3-4 days. To reheat, simply microwave in 30 second bursts until hot through. Turkey breast is also yummy served cold.
Can I Freeze Cooked Turkey Breast?
You can freeze cooked turkey. It will store best if it’s wrapped tightly to remove as much air as possible. Keep frozen for up to 4 months. Allow it to thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
Juicy and delicious, air fryer turkey breast is the fastest, easiest way to cook turkey and still get that traditional, oven-roasted flavor. Free up oven space and save yourself a few hours of cooking time and enjoy turkey any day of the week!
- boneless turkey breast (thawed)
- avocado oil or olive oil
- fresh sage
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- black pepper
How To Make a Turkey Breast in an Air Fryer
- First, rub the turkey breast with avocado oil, then sprinkle the turkey breast with spices and fresh herbs.
- Next, place the turkey breast in the air fryer basket, skin-side up. Cook at 370F for 20 minutes. Then flip the turkey breast and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Mine was at 140F, so I flipped it again and cooked it for another 5 minutes until it reached 165F.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board. Let the turkey rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.
- Don’t skip the resting time. The juices needed to settle back into the meat. If you carve too quickly, the juice will all drip out, and your meat will be dry.
- Make sure your turkey breast is nice and dry before you start oiling. If you wash your turkey before cooking, blot it with paper towels so it’s nice and dry.
- Herbs: You can replace the fresh herbs with dry herbs. Just use half the amount. For example, instead of 1 tsp fresh thyme, use 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, try seasoning the turkey breast with poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The poultry seasoning will taste similar to the spices listed in the recipe.
More Yummy Holiday Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this air fryer turkey breast recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy holiday dishes! Try any from the list below:
Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs
Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole
Potatoes Au Gratin
Instant Pot Squash Casserole
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
This air fryer turkey breast comes out super juicy and is ready in less than 50 minutes! This boneless turkey breast is perfect for hosting smaller Thanksgiving gatherings.
- 3 pounds boneless turkey breast (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Rub the turkey breast with avocado oil. Then sprinkle the turkey breast with spices and fresh herbs.
- Place the turkey breast in the air fryer skin side up. Cook at 370°F for 20 minutes. Then flip the turkey breast and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Mine was at 140F so I flipped it again and cooked for an additional 5 minutes until it reached 165°F.
- Let the turkey rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.