Apple Bacon Stuffing Recipe
I have to say that this Apple Bacon Stuffing recipe has definitely become a holiday staple recipe in the Fitz-Murphy household! I still remember that Stephen was trying to find a different and unique stuffing that was not really traditional. He also wanted to be fun and delicious, so he does he call? Michelle. She said, “You totally have to try this recipe! It’s completely amazing.” So, he went to town in making it…and yeah…mouth slamming, holiday fulfilling, delicious stuffing! What’s even more crazy, is that the recipe is super easy to follow along and make.
We hope you enjoy one of our newest and favorite recipes that we has now become a tradition in our home! Enjoy!
Apple Bacon Stuffing
- 7-8 Challah Rolls (air dried for 2 days and cut into 3/4" cubes)
- 2 Cups of water
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of diced (into small cubes) Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 Cup diced (into small cubes) Celery
- 1/2 Cup diced Sweet Onion
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Of Apple Cider (Apple juice will work in a pinch)
- 3 Tablespoons of Salted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- In a small sauté pan over a medium heat, melt butter and add onions, celery, and apples. Simmer and stir until soft (approximately 5 to 7 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Add cinnamon and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Take off heat.
- In a large bowl, add Challah bread cubes, egg, water, cider, and raisins. Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Add in sautéed mixture, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spray down dish with non-stick spray and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.