My instant pot cheesy chicken and potato soup is the best thing you can make on a chilly day. It will warm the body and soul at the same time. It’s both hearty and delicious, and easy to make for when your kids are home because of a “snow day”.
Yes. I’m experiencing that right now, so I knew had to make the kids something yummy and not so time consuming on part of cooking. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still use this recipe in any type of pressure cooker.
My Instant Pot cheesy chicken and potato soup is loaded with chunks of yummy chicken and potatoes. But I use a super yummy ingredient: a dry packet of ranch dressing. It helps to add a special layer of flavor that just knocks it out of the park. I used to make this in my slow cooker, but it just turns out so amazing (and faster) in my Instant Pot!
Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. Please Note: DO NOT ADD SALT! You will get more than enough flavor from the ranch seasoning packet. This is why I use a low sodium chicken broth for it.
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Potato Soup
- 1.5 Pounds of thin sliced chicken breast cut into chunks
- 3 pounds of white potatoes cut into thick chunks.
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese mix
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in your IP in following order: chicken chunks, potatoes, ranch seasoning mix, pepper, cream cheese, chicken broth, and top with shredded cheeses.
- Seal Lid and set your IP on manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When done, NPR for 15 minutes and then QR the rest.
- Remove the lid, and stir your soup thoroughly to mix it up.
You can jazz up the soup by adding a bag of frozen white corn in it, or top off with crispy pieces of bacon or green onions. This Instant Pot cheesy chicken and potato soup is going to be your new favorite to make in your IP! Let me know when you make it, and what your family thinks!
Don’t forget to take a look at my other yummy Instant Pot Recipes! Every recipe is tested before sharing. You know me, I’m totally crazy about making sure food turns out delicious! Pin it on Pinterest for later, or you can save it in your Pocket by click the the heart in pocket below this post.