Whether made for a side dish or a snack, these air fryer carrots will be sure to be hit! While snacking is fun, there is one teeny tiny issue: Most snacks are unhealthy and full of preservatives and sugar content. As a result, frequent snacking can cause weight gain, high cholesterol, and sky-high sugar levels.
But these air fryer carrots are the perfect solution for your snacking needs and a healthy alternative to french fries and other unhealthy items.
Give this air fryer carrots recipe a shot, and you will instantly fall in love with it. And why shouldn’t you? It is the perfect alternative to French fries!
Air fryer carrots require only 4 simple pantry staples, including carrots, olive oil, salt, and pepper. And it takes hardly 12 minutes to make. It’s a simple mix-and-bake recipe, where you have to mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and put them in the air fryer. These delicious crunchy carrots will be ready before you can say “Air Fryer Carrots!”
But apart from these air fryer carrots being quick and easy, they are also healthy. Carrots are one of the best power foods with numerous health benefits. So, if you toss them in seasoning and air fry them, it naturally makes a healthy snack that you can munch on without any guilt.
And if you’re wondering how to serve this delicious snack; there are so many possibilities! You can serve it as a side dish with roast beef or chicken, or you can use it as a healthy lunch box option for your kids’ schools. Moreover, it makes for a delicious snack for a movie night or a late-night gossip session with friends!
This recipe requires only 4 basic ingredients:
- 8-12 Carrots: I used regular Bolero carrots for this recipe, but you can use any other available variety.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil: We need a little olive oil to air fry the carrots. You can also use avocado oil, coconut oil, melted butter, or sesame oil to toss carrots in.
- Salt and Pepper: No seasoning means no taste! Therefore, throw in a tsp of salt and pepper.
I have answered some common queries to help you with the air fryer carrots recipe:
Yes, this air fryer recipe has a sweet version too. To make it, switch the olive oil, salt, and pepper with melted butter and brown sugar. Other variations include drizzling maple syrup and cinnamon on the cooked carrots for added taste and sweetness.
Q. How to make spicy carrots?
If you’d like to add some spice to the recipe, just add some paprika and garlic powder to the recipe. You can also sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top to balance out the spiciness.
These carrots pair well with almost everything! You can serve them as a side dish with pork chops, roasted chicken, grilled fish, mashed potatoes, and pasta. And, as a snack, you can serve them with any dip like guacamole, garlic mayo, pesto, chipotle, or cheese sauce.
To store the leftover carrots, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 4 days. If you want to freeze them, place them in a freezer-safe bag and pop them in the freezer for up to 9 months.
Q. What other seasonings can I add to carrots?
For this recipe, I simply seasoned the carrots with salt and pepper. But, there are many other options. For instance, you can add some paprika, thyme, cumin, coriander, and nutmeg. However, if you’re making the sweetened version, you can add cinnamon and brown sugar to the recipe.
Here are some tips and tricks so that you can make the perfect air fryer carrots:
1. Cut the carrots into equal pieces so that each slice is cooked evenly.
2. Flip the carrots halfway through cooking so that they are cooked properly from both sides.
3. You can also use baby carrots; however, I prefer regular carrots as they have more flavor and taste better.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak
- Air Fryer Accordion Potatoes
- Air Fryer Pizza Wontons
- Air Fryer Strawberry Cheesecake
- Air Fryer 2 Ingredient Bagels