Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes are so yummy. If you haven’t tried this simple recipe yet, today should be your day! Not only are they quick to make, but air frying brings out the sweet, smokey flavor of your tomatoes and offers a beautiful charred presentation.
What a great way to use extra tomatoes in many of your favorite recipes. We love these as a simple side dish, on top of grilled chicken, tossed in spaghetti, an antipasto salad, or even on toast!
What are Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
Perfectly roasted Campari tomatoes in the air fryer are slightly caramelized and completely delicious. They are easy to make and ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
How Do I Store Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
These tomatoes can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They may lose some of their crispy caramelization, so I recommend eating them up right away.
When I crispy, I don’t mean like that of a chip. It means that the charring process has created a slight crisp from the cooking and reduction of the tomato juice.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
Freezing tomatoes will change their texture. Instead, try chopping them up and freezing them in a Ziplock bag or an airtight container for future use in pasta or on pizza. They will last up to 6 months. Be sure to label and date them.
Do I need to peel the skin off of Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
It is not necessary to peel tomatoes before placing them in the air fryer. The skin will roast nicely, and I think it tastes wonderful. However, if you do want to peel the skin, wait until after they roast for easy removal.
What can I serve with Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
You can use Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes in dishes such as pasta, salads, omelets, pizza, or on toasted bread. These taste delicious on top of chicken or seafood. Include parmesan cheese on top of the tomatoes for added flavor, and drizzle with your favorite flavored olive oils.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- Use less oil than you would if you were roasting tomatoes in the oven
- For some added“heat,” include a touch of cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or some chili powder
- Salt tomatoes ahead of time and strain to release any excess moisture
- Use cherry tomatoes for a slightly sweeter taste.
- Avoid using watery tomatoes like beefsteak tomatoes as they won’t dry out enough in the air fryer to achieve that perfect roasted texture.
- Add tomatoes to your air fryer in a single layer for best results. Leaving a bit of room between them will allow them to caramelize.
- Tomatoes: Swap grape, cherry, or Roma tomatoes for Campari tomatoes
- Seasonings: dried oregano, Italian seasoning blend, thyme, and dried basil can be added, or use your own seasoning blends.
- Fresh Garlic: Substitute 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder per fresh garlic clove.
- I love the addition of Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top of them!
More Yummy Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this delicious Air Fryer recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy air fryer recipes! Try any from the list below.