My Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
There are few things that I take pride in, and baking is definitely one of them! If you don’t trust me, then I’m sure you can ask one of my 14 nieces and nephews and they will gladly tell you that Uncle David makes the BEST COOKIES EVER!! Though, I can’t take all of the applause for this recipe. My sister and a friend of mine actually handed this recipe down to all of us. I just simply modified it. I actually add a little bit of light brown sugar. The light brown sugar helps to create a “softener” feel to the cookie when cooked.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 table spoons of light brown sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375
2. Put all ingredients in one bowl, and mix with a spatula. It doesn’t look like it, but all of the ingredients will form a nice medium-solid mass.
3. Spray your cookie sheet down with a little bit of Pam, and then take pinches of the peanut butter cookie dough out and roll out little balls (about the size of quarter) and space them out evenly on a cookie sheet.
4. Take a fork and press down into the dough drops. You’re going to create a “cross hatch” effect with pressing the fork down into the dough in 2 different directions. Don’t be afraid! Add a little pressure to the cookie dough drop to get it a little flat.
5. Cook for 8 minutes and 23 seconds! Set your timer!! If you over cook them, they will be too hard and crunchy.
6. Allow cookies to cool on wire rack. AND you’re done!
These cookies are a fast and easy treat to make for the whole family to enjoy!