Lemon Pound Cake Bites Recipe
I’m not a huge lemon flavored dessert recipe kinda guy, but I figured that I would give it a shot to see how it would turn out. To help offset the lemon flavor, I decided to make a blueberry cream cheese “frosting” for it. I have to say that I was SUPER happy of the end results. It wasn’t too lemony flavored at all. In fact, it was quite pleasant and I was shocked! Enjoy!
Lemon Pound Cake Bites With Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- CAKE RECIPE
- 1 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 eggs
- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of swans down cake flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla or lemon flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- BLUEBERRY ICING RECIPE
- 1/2 package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 Tablespoons of salted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of macerated blueberries
- 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Cream sugar, cream cheese and butter add 1 cup of flour and two eggs cream together and keep adding eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour until creamed together smoothly then last add flavoring and mix well. Your mixture will be super rich and thick. Don’t worry! This is how it’s supposed to look.
- Finally, add in lemon juice and grated lemon
- Poor mixture into mini muffin tins (be sure that it is buttered and lightly floured to make sure it won’t stick to sides).
- Bake for approximately 35 mins or until a fork or toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Different altitudes will have different cooking times).
- Allow time to cool. Since this is very thick, it will need a lot of time to cool. Though, I do like cutting a slice when it’s warm.
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE ICING DIRECTIONS
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese on a low speed.
- Slowly add in confectioner's sugar.
- Finally, add in your blueberries. Mix on low speed to mix thoroughly.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes