Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi is a fabulous dish that I converted from the this normal traditional Iranian dish.
While I was perusing Google for some new recipes to try out in my Instant Pot, I came across this Ghormeh Sabzi recipe from 196flavors.com. It looked so interesting, and beautiful!
I started reading all of the ingredients, and released that I was missing out on three ingredients:
Tumeric BUY NOW
Fenugreek BUY NOW
Black Limes (Limu Omani) BUY NOW
You can easily get tumeric powder at your major grocery stores, or at Asian markets. It’s truly a fabulous ingredient!
As far as the Fenugreek and Limu Omani goes, I had to buy them off of Amazon. They were a little more affordable then what I was thinking, so that totally made me happy! I was nervous at ordering these two ingredients at first because I wasn’t sure of the flavor profile, and if I was ever going to use them again.
The Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi was Ah-mazing, and so much better than I was hoping for. So, I’ll totally being using the fenugreek and limu omani again! SCORE!
Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi – Only 6 FreeStyle Points!
There’s only 6 FreeStyle Points in this Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi Recipe. The serving size is 1 cup! What’s better is that this is great served over rice. If you use brown rice, you can have 1/2 a cup (only 3 FreeStyle Points), and then you have a fabulous 9 FreeStyle point meal!
The meal is healthy, delicious, and will keep your tummy completely content.
Here’s a small warning, if you don’t like cilantro…the you might not like this Instant pot Ghormeh Sabzi dish. HOWEVER, I will add that the flavors from the limu omani and fenugreek help to cover the taste of the cilantro, but you still taste it just a little bit. The cilantro adds a nice polite undertone flavor profile.
Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi Recipe
There’s a lot of different variations to add to this Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi recipe! Some add kale, turnip greens, and other types of leafy greens; however, that’s not really a traditional aspect of the dish.
You can also serve this with yellow split-peas, and if you don’t have green onions then you can always use leeks.
I made this dish with beef stew meat, but you can also use lamb meat! If you are using lamb and are worried about the points — DON’T! Lamb meat has about the same amount of points as the beef does!
Here’s a tip: before adding your beef into it, please be sure to try to trim off as much fat as you can.
Instant Pot Ghormeh Sabzi
- 1 1/2 lb lamb or beef stew meat , cubed
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 bunches parsley (leaves only)
- 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- 4 leeks (diced)
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek (or 1 bunch fresh fenugreek)
- 4 dried black limes (limoo amani) , or 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- sea salt
- cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup water (i used hot water to help build pressure)
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Add butter and yellow onion. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add your meat, and then all remaining ingredients. Just be sure that the meat is on the bottom. I added the kidney beans last on top of the all of the ingredients.
- Close your lid and lock in place, and close the vent.
- Place on High manual pressure for 15 minutes and let it NPR for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Once done, release any remaining pressure. Remove lid at any angle to ensure you're not dripping on yourself by accident. Give it a good stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Let me know how it turned out for you.