Baked Potato Slices
These Baked potato slices are the perfect family side dish. I mean, who doesn’t LOVE a loaded-up baked potato? And, if you’re like me, you love when your potatoes get those golden, crispy edges. These sliced baked potatoes have the perfect crunch while being full of cheesy bacon flavor!
With melted cheese, perfectly rendered bacon, and yummy spices, I’m sure this will be a recipe you reach for over and over.
These are great for a family dinner or backyard cookout because they go with everything! Burgers, meatloaf, baked chicken, or even ribs; just bake these up while everything else is cooking.
The best part? They’re so easy! Just slice up your potatoes and bake with oil and seasonings. Right at the end, top with some cheese and bacon and bake for a few more minutes. Add some fresh herbs and you’re all set!
What Are Baked Potato Slices?
Baked potato slices are sliced up potatoes cooked in the oven, usually on a sheet pan or in a baking dish. There are lots of ways to season and flavor baked potato slices, but commonly, recipes include salt and pepper, onion, bacon, cheese, and fresh herbs.
Can I Store Baked Potato Slice Leftovers?
Absolutely! You can store baked potato slices in an air-tight container or you can wrap them in plastic wrap. Keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Before reheating, allow your potatoes to sit on the counter for 30 minutes before heating through in the microwave or oven.
Can I Freeze Baked Potato Slices?
Yes, you can freeze baked potatoes, including baked potato slices. Make sure you wrap them well in plastic wrap and put them in an airtight container. For best results, consume them within 3 weeks of freezing. If potatoes are frozen for longer than that, the taste and texture will begin to deteriorate.
What Are Some Variations of Oven-Baked Potato Slices?
It’s easy to switch up this recipe. You can cut your potatoes into wedges or chunks, but you may need to increase your cooking time if the potatoes are thicker than slices. You can also add parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, or fried onions. This recipe also works well with sweet potatoes instead of white or yellow potatoes, but expect them to be sweeter.
Tips for Making Baked Potato Slices
- After you wash your potatoes, make sure you dry them really well. Excess water in your baking dish can make your potatoes soggy instead of crispy.
- Don’t overcook your bacon. Golden bacon that’s just reaching that perfect crispy (but not too crunchy) texture will work best.
- Don’t pack your potatoes into a small dish. You want every potato slice to crisp up on the edges, so make sure they have equal exposure to the heat.
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Fried Chicken
Instant Pot Ribs
Instant Pot Meatballs
- Keep an eye on your potatoes and make sure they don’t get too brown. If they’re starting to look charred, give them a stir and loosely tent them with foil.
- Before you add your bacon and cheese, make sure your potatoes are cooked through. They should easily pierce with a fork.
- Seasoning Salt – You can use garlic salt instead of seasoning salt in this recipe. You can also generously season with salt and pepper.
- Olive Oil – Vegetable oil will work just fine in this recipe substitute in an equal amount.
- Cheddar and Mozzarella – Any soft cheese will work for this recipe. You might even like a spicy pepper jack. Parmesan is also a common choice (but watch that it doesn’t burn).
More Yummy Potato Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this sliced baked potato recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other potato recipes, too! Try any from the list below.
Potatoes Au Gratin
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Cheesy Chicken and Potato Soup
Instant Pot Potato Soup
Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini
Instant Pot Sous Vide Parmesan Potatoes
Baked Potato Slices
You'll love this baked potato slices side dish! It's great for any meal or by itself!
- potatoes (medium size) – 1 pound
- bacon (slices) – 1 cup
- Cheddar – 1 cup
- mozzarella – ½ cup.
- olive oil - 20 oz.,
- spices (paprika, pepper, salt) - to taste.,
- greens (dill, green onion) – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash the potatoes, dry them, cut into slices, d - 5 mm.
- Put the slices in a baking dish (baking sheet)
- Add olive oil and spices (salt, pepper, paprika), mix.
- Bake 280C , 30 minutes.
- Fry bacon until golden brown, cut into small cubes.
- Grate cheese (or cut into small cubes)
- Sprinkle potato slices with fried bacon and cheese.
- Bake 280 C 5 minutes.
- Add chopped herbs.