Instant Pot Ribs You’ll Love
These quick and easy Instant Pot ribs are insanely tender and delicious. The cinnamon and rosemary in the dry rub complements the flavors in this savory Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce, but the flavors pair well with just about any barbeque sauce you prefer.
Once you start making this Instant Pot ribs recipe, you’ll never make them another way. Period. End of story.
You might think to yourself, well…I can always make them on the grill.
Yes. You can do that, if you want to. There’s no problem in enjoying some ribs that have been cooked on the grill. But do you have the patience for all of that? Pressure cooking your ribs will literally cut your cooking time in half.
[su_box title=”RELATED NEWS:” box_color=”#26a7d2″][su_permalink id=”4694″]My Deviled Egg potato salad recipe will go GREAT with these ribs![/su_permalink][/su_box]
Finger Licking Instant Pot Ribs Recipe That’ll Make You Clean The Bones!
I know I’ve said this before, but the meat for these ribs will literally fall right off of the bone.
So here’s a hint: be sure that you’re carefully removing your ribs from the pot. If you’re not too careful, then it will turn into chunks of fabulous meat. I guess that’s a good thing because it’s one less step in eating?
[su_box title=”RELATED NEWS:” box_color=”#26a7d2″][su_permalink id=”9333″]Are you cleaning your Instant Pot properly? Try these tips to keep your machine running smooth![/su_permalink][/su_box]
Can you double this recipe? Absolutely! You don’t have to worry about adding in extra liquid, as the 1 cup of beef stock is more than enough.
If you don’t have all of the seasonings available in this recipe, then you go with one of my favorite BBQ dry rubs: Stubbs BBQ Dry Rub.
Instant Pot Ribs
The are the best and easiest instant pot ribs that you'll make more than once!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2½ - 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- 1 c. beef stock (or water)
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce* (or BBQ sauce of choice)
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
Tip: Place the ribs under a hot broiler after cooking in the Instant Pot for a mouth-watering, caramelized crust.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can You Make Instant Pot Country Style Pork Ribs Using This Recipe?
That’s a great big, ‘Yes you can!” Making Instant Pot country style porks ribs is super easy, and the meat turns out just as fabulous as the traditional ribs do.
Do you know what are country style pork ribs? They’re a special are cut from the blade end of the loin close to the pork shoulder. They’re a little bit meatier and contain no bones.
If you decide to make country style pork ribs in your pressure cooker, you can still follow the instructions for this recipe. Yes, you will still use the same amount of liquid in your Instant Pot. Then you’ll coat with your favorite BBQ sauce and finish in the oven.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes You Need to Make
These are some easy Instant Pot recipes that you can add to your arsenal!
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans & Bacon
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Pie
- Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup
- The Easiest Instant Pot Ribs
- Instant Pot Citrus Spiced Cauliflower
- The Best Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Instant Pot Rice pudding