My Instant Pot Feta Pasta recipe is a delicious & easy adaptation of the Viral TikTok Feta Pasta recipe that you see everywhere! I love the taste of baked cheeses and tomatoes together.
Of course, You’ll see other versions of an Instant Pot feta pasta recipe, and I’m totally sure they’re so delicious! However, the original recipe calls for the block of feta & tomatoes to be baked. The baking of the feta & tomatoes creates a total different flavor profile.
Let’s talk about a few things before getting into the yummy recipe, and I’m going to try to answer some possible questions that you might have!
Frequently Asked Questions about the Instant Pot Feta & Tomatoes Viral TikTok Recipe
First, let’s meet the person that actually made this fabulous dish, and how the birth of this creamy dish all started. Who doesn’t want to get to know the person that SINGLE HANDEDLY help create a Feta Cheese shortage amid our current times.
It all Started with a Finnish Food Artist, Jenni Härinen.
Jenni (Liemessä-ruokablogi) is all of us in the world: she loves carbs and making them all beautiful. She created this world wide dominated recipe in 2019, and she just blissfully released it out to the world on her blog and Instagram.
Enter MacKenzie Smith from The Grilled Cheese Social. MacKenzie saw that it hadn’t made it to our side of the pond into the U.S., so she made a version and shared it with us…and we ate it up!
How Do You Store Your Instant Pot Feta Pasta, and How Long does it Last?
Be sure to store the Instant Pot Feta Pasta recipe in an air tight container. It will probably only be good for up 3 days. Why only 3 days? Well, the main answer is that it will become very dry.
The dish itself is so delicious and full of flavor; HOWEVER, it tends to lose its creamy texture the longer it sets. Mostly because the cooked pasta is soaking up all the oil flavors and moisture. That’s why the recipe calls for the amount of olive oil that it does.
Did You Know?? Fun Fact Time!
Did you know that this feta & tomatoes pasta dish has its very own hashtag?? No matter the social media platform, take a search for #uunifetapasta and you’ll find this recipe all over with love from the world.
So what Do You Need to Make My Version of this Instant Pot Feta Pasta TikTok Dish?
Before you buy the Air Fryer lid, take note of this: is not compatible with the following Instant Pot models: Smart Wi-Fi 60, Smart Bluetooth, Duo Evo Plus 6, Duo Evo Plus 60, Duo SV 60 or Max 60.
Why use an Air Fryer Lid? Do I “NEED” to use it?
Well, let’s start off with this: No. You Don’t NEED to use the air fryer lid. However, the reason the feta and tomatoes are roasted in the oven is to help bring the flavors alive. The blister & charring of the tomatoes and caramelization of the feta cheese helps to elevate the flavor profile.
If you just pressure cook all of your ingredients together, that’s fine too. But it WILL taste more flavorful by using an Air Fryer lid. If you don’t have an Air Fryer lid, yes you can you just use an traditional air fryer or even the oven.
The only reason we’re using the Instant Pot Air Fryer lid is that we are trying to create a one pot meal without having to get other appliances involved that creates extra steps and mess.
Here’s the Grub You’re going to need:
- Pasta – You’re going to use a 1 pound box of pasta of your choice. I went with penne. However, you can use your own favorite shape!
- Greek Feta – The original recipes calls for a block of feta, so that’s what I went with. I know people are using crumbles, but it’s just not the same, and doesn’t melt as well as the block does. NOTE: Be careful about how the Feta block is stored. Some is stored in brine, and can create a more salty version. Also, there is a difference between Greek goat feta and cow feta.
- Grape Tomatoes – The original recipe called for cherry tomatoes. I used grape tomatoes because I wanted more surface areas for the cheese and flavors to wrap around since I was working in a more confined space.
- Garlic – It’s what helps bring out all the fresh flavor of the tomatoes. What is life without garlic? However, I used a garlic infused olive oil! More info down below. I was afraid of fresh garlic burning and turning bitter.
- Basil – fresh basil works best, and there’s no real substitute to swap out for it. Dried basil doesn’t add enough flavor nor texture. Like spinach, the basil will wilt in the heat of pasta.
- Salt – I used sea salt, but I know many people that love using Kosher salt, or even Pink Himalayan salt.
- Red Pepper Flakes – I used red pepper flakes to control how spicy I wanted the dish. The original calls for fresh, so have
- Olive Oil – I used a delicious toasted garlic infused olive oil! It was so perfect, and very happy I went this way. Of course, if you don’t like garlic then use regular olive oil.
Instant Pot Feta Pasta Viral TikTok Recipe
Here’s the break down of the recipe, the measurements, and how the process all works. You can always scroll down to the main recipe card to print and save for later! Also, be sure to save this recipe on your favorite Pinterest board.
PLEASE NOTE: If you don’t have garlic infused olive oil, you can use regular olive oil; however, you will also want to add 3 cloves garlic, sliced/diced. You will add the garlic to the recipe. I would place it underneath the block of feta. This way, your garlic won’t burn, yet you’ll still get a fabulous aroma and flavor.
Also, the original recipe has a two stage cooking process in the oven at different temperatures. With your Air fryer lid, you won’t have to worry about that because the Air fryer lid is closer to ingredients, so the heat source is closer.
Here’s the quantity of Grub You’re going to need:
- 1 pound box penne pasta
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 block Greek Feta (8oz)
- 1/2 cup garlic infused olive oil + 2 tablespoons to finish
- 1 cup fresh basil (not packed, loose)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup water
How To Make the Dish
- In Instant Pot safe dish, add cherry tomatoes and place feta cheese on top. PLEASE make sure your liner is in the machine!
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and finish with oil.
- Place your Air Fryer lid on top. Set temp to 350°F and cook for 20 minutes. Once done, remove tomatoes & feta cheese.
- Place pasta and water into your Instant pot. Pour tomatoes and feta on top of the pasta. Again, make sure your liner is in the machine. Lock lid and close vent on lid.
- Pressure cooker for 4 minutes. Once done, quick release all pressure. Remove lid and stir well. Add basil leaves, and gently stir. Serve when ready!
Some Cooking Tips & Notes for TikTok Feta Pasta
- If you find your pasta a little dry appear, add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil to finish.
- When you remove your dish of cooked tomatoes & feta cheese, make sure that there’s no debris that fell into your liner. If there’s anything stuck, it can cause your pasta to stick to the bottom and cause a BURN notice.
- I noticed that a few pieces of pasta did stick to my Instant Pot liner. Once I stirred everything, I allowed it to set. I used a wooden spoon and was able to gently remove pasta from bottom.
Great Instant Pot Recipes & Info
- How To Clean Your Instant Pot (Something Everyone should know how to properly do!)
- Instant Pot Japanese Cheesecake (Also known as Jiggly cake)
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken And Pasta
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Mango ChutneyStar Wars Instant Pot (That Every Fan Needs)