Coconut Melt Cookies
There’s not doubt that I love a shortbread type of cookie, but when you add sweetened coconut flakes to them…it’s like a mouthful of happiness that you can’t stop eating. If you don’t like coconut, that’s okay! Simple replace the sweetened coconut shreds with sugar, and it will add a little crunch to them (even though they are already crunchy). Who can say no to sugar for an added bonus and effect. You may also use a different variety of sprinkles to add a little bit of extra charm to them! Here’s the recipe – Enjoy!
Coconut Melt Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until somewhat fluffy. Then beat in the vanilla until well blended.
- Slowly add cornstarch and flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- When the batter is firm, form into 1 inch balls and the hand roll them out into cylinder shapes and make a horse shoe shape.
- Dip each cookie into the coconut. The coconut is sticky, so it will adhere to the cookie with no problem.
- Bake for approximately 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack