Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Potatoes
If you’re in the mood for creature comforts, this Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Potatoes recipe is the perfect dinner for you. Satisfying and flavorful, this recipe is brimming with tender beef and savory potatoes. You won’t be able to resist going back for a second helping. Plus, since it’s a Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe, it’s so easy to make!
What are Meatloaf and Potatoes?
Meatloaf and Potatoes is just a simple, classic entrée packed with the flavors of ground beef and red potatoes topped with a sweet glaze. It’s like Love and Marriage: You can’t have one without the other!
How Do I Store Meatloaf and Potatoes
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy for up to 4 days. To reheat the meatloaf, place slices in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until warm. To reheat leftover potatoes, put them in the oven or air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Can I Freeze Meatloaf and Potatoes
To freeze, wrap the meatloaf well in aluminum foil and keep it in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Then, freeze the potatoes in a freezer-safe container for up to a month. I like to flash-freeze the potatoes on a baking tray before placing them in a bag or container, so the potato pieces don’t stick together in the freezer container. To reheat potatoes from frozen, cook at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Can I cook Meatloaf and Potatoes in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook Meatloaf and Potatoes in an Instant Pot. Add one cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place a wire rack inside the pot, and position the loaf pan on top with the potatoes around the sides. Secure the lid and close the pressure release valve. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes naturally.
Tips for Making Meatloaf and Potatoes
- Each slow cooker is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking time based on your model. Check your meatloaf often, especially towards the end of the cooking time to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Red potatoes make an excellent side dish to almost any meat you serve. You can also serve leftover potatoes at breakfast instead of traditional home fries.
- To enhance the flavor, leave the skins on the potatoes for this Meatloaf and Potato recipe.
Instant Pot Butter Potatoes
Roasted Potatoes And Zucchini
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Peppers
- Ensure enough space for potatoes around the loaf inside the slow cooker.
- Rest the meatloaf for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- After you cook the potatoes, transfer them to a serving dish and serve alongside a homemade ranch dipping sauce.
- 21 Seasoning Salute – If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you can re-create this signature spice blend with equal parts onion powder, black and cayenne pepper, dried celery seed, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, dry mustard, ground coriander seed, garlic powder and dried lemon peel
- Ground Beef – You can reduce the fat in this Meatloaf recipe by substituting a pound of ground turkey with the ground beef.
- Red Potatoes – You can also prepare Meatloaf and Potatoes with other potato varieties, such as white, yellow, or russet potatoes.
More Yummy Dinner Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this delicious Meatloaf and Potatoes recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy dinner recipes! Try any from the list below.
Baked Keto Meatballs
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken
Instant Pot Chili Lime Steak Bowl
Easy Pizza Bites Recipe
Mississippi Chicken Sliders
Slow Cooker Meatloaf and Potatoes
Satisfying and flavorful, this recipe is brimming with tender beef and savory potatoes. You won't be able to resist going back for a second helping.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons A1 sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3-4 cups small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons 21 seasoning salute, Trader Joe’s
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 TB Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and A1 sauce.
- Form a loaf and place into the middle of your slow cooker. Ensure that there’s enough space for potatoes and carrots around the loaf.
- Place potatoes and carrots around the outer edges of your meat loaf. Sprinkle 21 seasoning salute over potatoes & carrots. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Once done, mix together the ingredients for the sauce topping and brush over the meatloaf before serving.