Try this quick air fryer honey garlic chicken recipe if you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe that can be prepared within 30 minutes and tastes great. We’re talking about fried chicken with a healthy twist, glazed with sweet and sour honey garlic sauce.
Why shouldn’t we??
For starters, this recipe is healthy with fewer calories, as only a few drops of oil are used in it. Secondly, it’s bursting with the sweet flavor of honey and the savory flavor of garlic. Thirdly, you can prepare it in less than half an hour, and all the ingredients required are usually available at home.
Plus, there are several options on how to serve it! For instance, if you’re eating air fryer honey garlic chicken as a snack, you can eat it just like that. However, if you’re serving it as a meal, you can add cooked rice or steamed vegetables on the side.
What makes this recipe finger-licking good is the sauce we use as the glaze! The sweet and sour honey garlic sauce, with the tangy taste of garlic, is evened out by the sweet taste of honey. Throw in some chili flakes, soy sauce, and vinegar, and you’ve got yourself a glaze that gives the honey garlic chicken the look we all love!
The honey garlic chicken is perfect for when you have your friends and family visiting or when going to a potluck supper. It is a quick and easy recipe, ideal for working people who don’t have the time and energy to cook a fancy meal after a hectic day at work.
The taste, the look, and the sides all work together to make this dish sticky, crispy, tender, juicy, and an instant favorite! It’s the perfect alternative to ordering take-out!
So, coat that chicken, air fry it, throw some garlic and honey in the pan to stir up that lip-smacking sauce, glaze the air-fried chicken, and voila! You’re done!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Chicken 1 ½ lbs: I suggest using chicken breasts, and thighs cut into bite-sized cubes for the chicken to remain juicy and easy to eat.
- Cornstarch 3 tbsps: Cornstarch makes chicken extra crispy.
- Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp: Garlic gives the sauce tanginess.
- Honey 5 tbsp: Honey adds sweetness to the sauce plus makes it thick and glazy.
- Chicken Stock ¼ cup: Chicken stock adds taste and consistency to the sauce.
- Rice Vinegar 1 tbsp: Rice vinegar adds a mellow sweet taste to the sauce and is less acidic than other kinds of vinegar.
- Soy Sauce 1 tbsp: Soy sauce adds depth to the flavor and gives the honey garlic chicken a pleasing brown color.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many people trying out the honey garlic chicken recipe for the first time have several queries on their minds. We’re here to answer them!
Q. What can I serve with air fryer honey garlic chicken?
Honey garlic chicken is a wholesome meal on its own; however, you can serve it with cooked rice, steamed vegetables, or fresh salad on the side.
Q. For how long can I store air fryer honey garlic chicken?
You can store the air fryer honey garlic chicken in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator and around 2 months in the freezer.
Q. Can I store the honey garlic sauce separately?
Yes, you can store the honey garlic sauce in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. Stir it before serving and consume within 2 weeks.
1. This recipe is best made with bite-sized boneless chicken cubes from the breast and thigh area. However, you can use chicken wings also.
2. If you’re serving steamed vegetables as a side with the honey garlic chicken, we recommend using carrots, peas, green beans, and broccoli, as chicken pairs well with crunchy vegetables.
3. If you’re serving cooked rice as a side, don’t forget to garnish them with chopped spring onions and chili flakes.
4. If your sauce is too runny, add some cornstarch to make it thick and glossy.
5. When storing your honey garlic chicken, use an airtight container. Alternatively, you can also use Ziploc or biodegradable bags to store it.
Here’s a step by step visual on how to make these recipe!
I love how simple the process is, and it’s so much better than having to deep fry them in oil. So, it’s not fully on healthy…it’s semi healthy. A tiny bit.
More Air Fryer Recipes I know You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Air Fryer Zucchini Casserole
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Monkey Bread (Weight Watchers)
- 2 Ingredient Weight Watchers Bagels Sticks
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast or chicken thighs cut into bite-size cubes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Chopped spring onions
- Chilli flakes
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients given under the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180-degree C (350-degree F). Brush the basket with a little oil and put the chicken pieces in it (8-10 per batch). Brush a little oil on top. Cook for 5 minutes on one side then turn and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with other chicken pieces.
- In a bowl combine honey, chicken stock, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Set aside.
- Heat a pan, add butter and chopped garlic, sauté it for a few seconds and add the air fried chicken along with the prepared sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until the chicken is evenly coated and the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice garnished with chopped spring onions and chilli flakes.
You can store the HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator or around 2 months in the freezer.