Slow Cooker 2 Ingredient Bread
This Slow Cooker 2 Ingredient Bread is the perfect solution when you are short on time but craving the classic flavor of fresh bread. Your slow cooker does all the work by baking flour and yogurt into a light and fluffy loaf that dazzles your taste buds.
What is 2 Ingredient Bread?
Two-Ingredient Bread uses a basic self-rising flour flavored with tangy Greek Yogurt. The ingredients used are simple and familiar, with easy steps from preparation to completion.
How Do I Store 2 Ingredient Bread?
You can store 2 Ingredient Bread in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days or the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze 2 Ingredient Bread?
Wrap 2 Ingredient Bread in aluminum foil and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. I recommend slicing the bread loaf before freezing. Then, you can grab a slice at a time and reheat it in the toaster.
Can I substitute self-rising flour for all-purpose flour?
Self-rising flour combines all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Chances are high that you already have those staples in your pantry, so you could easily make your own self-rising flour. If you want to substitute the self-rising flour for all-purpose, you do need to add baking powder and salt for the recipe to work. Here’s how:
Tips for Making 2 Ingredient Bread
- Once you have kneaded the dough and made an oblong shape, turn the loaf upside down in the pan so the smooth side is on top.
- Depending on the size of your slow cooker, you will most likely need a 9-inch loaf pan.
- For easier cleanup after baking, line your loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Ensure it comes up the sides of your pan but not over the top to prevent the parchment from burning.
Instant Pot Manna Subs
Chicken, Pecan, Apple Salad
- Allow just enough time to brown the top portion of 2 Ingredient Bread. It should only take a couple of minutes.
- Allow 2 Ingredient Bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Place ice cubes around the outside of the bread pan. The steam from the melted ice will help the outside of the bread form a nice chewy, crispy crust.
- Self-Rising Flour– If you don’t have self-rising flour, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour plus 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Greek Yogurt– You can substitute plain yogurt, buttermilk, or sour cream in this 2 Ingredient Bread recipe.
More Yummy Bread Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this delicious Slow Cooker 2 Ingredient Bread recipe, you’ll want to try some of our other easy bread treats! Try any from the list below.
Amazing Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Italian Parmesan Bread Recipe
Instant Pot Monkey Bread
Rosemary Basil Crock Pot Bread
Air Fryer Monkey Bread
Amazing Blueberry, Apple and Craisin Bread Recipe
Chocolate Chip Chai Bread Recipe
Slow Cooker 2 Ingredient Bread
This Slow Cooker 2-Ingredient Bread is the perfect solution when you are short on time but craving the classic flavor of fresh bread.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, add ingredients. Mix well with a fork for approximately 2 minutes, and then finish working with your hands.
- Put dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for 1 minute.
- Light flour a non-stick loaf pan, or use a light amount of non-stick spray. Form an oblong dough ball, and place into the loaf pan.
- Turn slow cooker on high, place pan in slow cooker, cover slow cooker with a clean towel, and place lid on top to secure towel in place.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours and 15 -20 minutes. To brown the top, preheat oven to 450 degrees, and place in oven. Allow just enough time to brown the top portion of the bread. This should only take a couple of minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- You can use non-fat Greek yogurt, it will not effect the outcome. I do not recommend using regular plain yogurt, as you will have a different outcome.
- If you don’t have self rising flour, you can mix together: all purpose flour (1 cup), baking powder (1 1/2 teaspoons), and salt (1/2 teaspoon).
- You can add different seasonings to the bread, such as: rosemary, thyme, sesame seeds, Everything but the bagel seasoning, and more!