I love how easy and delicious this Instant Pot chicken Florentine soup is to make! It’s based off the many delicious Chicken Florentine recipes that are normally made with pasta. This is a fabulous twist on it. Of course, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, this will work out perfectly in any other type of pressure cooker, or even on the stove top.
[su_button url=”http://eepurl.com/dpyDIv” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#6bb3bf” size=”6″]Click To Join WW Email List[/su_button]
This Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup is De-lish
I love how delicious and easy this Instant Pot chicken Florentine soup is to make! What I love even more is how it’s a fabulous recipe to add your Weight Watchers Freestyle recipe rolodex. This recipe carries over only 3 SmartPoints per serving! Those are the kinda points that I can begin to love all day long.
This recipe uses a lot of those fantastic zero point food items that WW gave to use. The only points you are enjoying in this recipe are from the parmesan cheese, olive oil, and light cream. That brings the points up to 12 SmartPoints for the whole pot of food, but only 3 SmartPoints per serving.
[su_box title=”RELATED NEWS:” box_color=”#26a7d2″][su_permalink id=”9827″]I love Panera, and knowing that I can enjoy menu items that fit within my WW points.[/su_permalink][/su_box]
The serving size is a nice heft 1 1/4 cups-ish. I said is because it’s right in between a 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup. I found that makes a perfect portion size, especially for a yummy lunch. That makes this recipe a fabulous freezer meal.
If you want to spice up the presentation, you can always add a tad bit of grated/shredded parmesan cheese on top with a little extra Italian seasoning.
[su_box title=”RELATED NEWS:” box_color=”#26a7d2″][su_permalink id=”9613″]There are so many great items that you and enjoy at Starbucks while being on Weight Watchers! Check out this list and see how.[/su_permalink][/su_box]
You can join these two fabulous WW Groups:
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwfreestyle/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#6bb3bf” size=”6″]Click To Join Freestyle Success Group[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/instantpotwwrecipes/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#6bb3bf” size=”6″]Click To Join Instant Pot WW Group[/su_button]
This Instant Pot chicken Florentine soup is rich and creamy, and very easy to make.
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 cup water
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
1. Place the sundried tomatoes in 2 cups water and set aside. Let soak until softened, approximately 30 minutes, then chop into small pieces. Reserve the soaking liquid and set aside.
2. Rinse and drain one can of cannellini beans, and puree the other with its liquid in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
3. Remove the light cream from the refrigerator and set aside at room temperature until the soup is done cooking. (This will prevent it from
curdling when added to the hot soup later).
4. Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté”
button. Set the heat setting to high and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the container, then add the chopped sundried tomatoes and soaking liquid, the whole and pureed white beans, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
6. Submerge the chicken breasts in the liquid and add lid. Securely lock into position and set the pressure value to the “Sealing”
7. Press the “Manual” button and adjust heat setting to high. Then, adjust the cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure. If you don't have manual button, then press the "Pressure Cook" button.
8. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then flip the pressure value to “Venting” to release any remaining steam.
9. Carefully open lid and add arugula, light cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until the greens are wilted and the cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
10. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Instant Pot Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Citrus Spiced Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Chili Lime Steak & Avocado Bowl
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Of course, these recipes are just the start of the the whole Instant Pot Weight Watchers Recipes success stories. You can more over by going to the main Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes Page. All of the recipes have SmartPoints by them, and then you’ll see lots of great resources below.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to save to Pinterest or share on Facebook by pressing the share buttons.