Beat the heat this summer with this refreshing Instant Pot peach iced tea. The best part? This quick and easy Instant Pot version of iced tea makes life a little bit easier, and sweeter (pun intended), when you’re trying to multitask in your kitchen. I’m still a southern boy at heart, so peaches and iced tea flow through my veins.
I love getting creative with my Instant Pot(s). Making delicious recipes and beverages to enjoy all year round is my specialty. This Instant Pot peach iced tea is just one of my favorite drinks to enjoy during a hot summer day, or maybe throw a little bit (or a lot of bit) of vodka into it.
With a splash of local honey and some fresh ripened peaches, you can’t go wrong with the taste of honey and peaches together; however, if you don’t like honey, you can use real sugar. If you’re looking for a way to cut out the sugar, then you use an artificial sweetener of your choice.
This is an excellent drink idea to serve when you’re entertaining guests or having a backyard mingle with family. This is going to be an all-time favorite warm-weather drink for everyone.
Once you make iced tea in your pressure cooker, you’ll never go back to the old fashion way of making. My Instant Pot(s) save so much time that it’s quickly become my favorite kitchen gadget. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not above and beyond in boiling water the traditional way, but if I can use my Instant Pot, I’m going to do it.
Speaking of my favorite kitchen gadget, take a look at these Instant Pot Accessories You’ll love to have in your kitchen…and will actually use.
The stove top way just warms the kitchen up, and no one wants that during the hotter months. Making a fresh back of sun tea takes forever – I can’t wait for the iced tea to be taking all day to be made. With my Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea recipe, you can have a glass of cold brew tea in just less than half an hour.
This makes my iced peach tea recipe one of the best drinks to serve when someone shows up unexpectedly. You’ll feel like the best host ever when you opt to keep the peach iced tea supplies on hand for use in your Instant Pot during the warmer months when people tend to visit you more often.
Looking for an Instant Pot? This is my favorite model: The Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1
You’ll get a fabulous flavor with every brew because the Instant Pot brings your peach tea to just the right temperature as if you’ve ordered your peach iced tea from a café. I must admit, I feel spoiled every time I make this Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea because the smooth flavor is unlike anything else I’ve tasted with a home-brewed iced tea.
Making Peach Iced Tea in the Instant Pot is Easy
We’ll be putting all of the ingredients, except your local honey, into the Instant Pot and allow it to cook under the manual normal heat setting for five minutes. Once the pressure is released, you’ll use a fine mesh strainer to remove any solid material.
You can enjoy this tea warm or cold, depending if you want to enjoy a hot cup on the spot. If you want this to be a smooth cold brew, then place a heat-safe pitcher with the iced tea contents in your refrigerator. Within an hour you can have a cold brew iced tea to enjoy with a few ice cubes and local honey for added flavor.
Whether you’re looking to serve this Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea during a special occasion or as midday drink, this delicious ice brewed tea will surely satisfy your thirst while cooling you down.
Enjoy this fabulous Instant Pot Peach Iced Tea whenever you want, whether it's to beat the heat or enjoy during a lovely brunch.
- 8 cups water
- 6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
- Local honey, to taste
- Add water, tea bags, and peaches to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!
- Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
- If you want, you substitute honey for sugar, or forms of sweetener. As a southern boy, I would pull out the bag of sugar, and add a cup of it in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.