If you’re looking to create a big bowl of comfort food, then you need to make my Instant pot chicken and dumplings recipe. I was raised on eating chicken and dumplings by gallons when I was younger.
After eating so much of it, you would think that I would get so tired of it…but I don’t. I don’t eat it just during winter, I can eat it all year long.
I love making fun and creative recipes in my Instant Pot(s). I have lot of unique and different recipes that are available in my cook book, Instant Pot Magic: 50 Surprising recipes for Beer, Jam, Bread, and More.
My Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is a great WW Recipe
If you’re doing Weight Watchers, with the new MyWW programs, then you’ll love how you can incorporate this into your meal plan rotation! This Instant Pot Weight Watchers Recipe has low points, and a healthy size portion. You’ll find the SmartPoints values below for Green, Blue, and Purple MyWW Plans.
Two Ingredient Dough Dumplings
I LOVE how versatile that the two ingredient dough is. If you don’t know what the two ingredient dough is, it’s equal parts Fat Free Greek Yogurt and Self rising flour. You can make lots of things with it, such as my Air Fryer Monkey Bread Bites.
The two ingredient dough dumplings come out light, and not dense at all, as you might think that it would. They’re fabulous!
Also, I could have added more flour and rolled them out to be flat, but I like doing it the “not so fussy” way. As a person that consumes a lot of chicken and dumplings, I’m all about flat dumplings, but sometimes I like them to be like little biscuits that were dunked in it.
For my dumplings, you will use 1/2 cup of FF Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of self rising flour. This will create just enough for you to enjoy without being overwhelmed with too many in there. In my opinion, this gives a perfect amount.
Making Chicken and Dumplings from scratch in the Instant Pot is super easy
We’re going to create these chicken and dumplings in two stages. The first stage is all about creating the base flavor for the it and cooking the chicken by pressure cooking it. The second stage is cooking the vegetables and dumplings, but not by pressure cooking.
We’ll be using the sauté function on the Instant Pot to finish off this fab recipe.
You'll enjoying making this delicious Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe (Pressure Cooker Chicken and Dumplings). It's a classic hearty comfort food thats filled with tender chicken and fluffy homemade dumplings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- Press Sauté button. Once heated, add olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Once softened, add herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Add chicken broth and chicken breasts. Lock lid and close vent. Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes, and allow to NPR for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Once done, Press cancel button. Remove chicken breast and place on cutting board to shred. Press the sauté button. Add vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, make dumpling dough. Add half tablespoon sized portions to add to your Instant Pot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Return shredded chicken back to your pot and stir. You're ready to serve!
- You can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts.
- You leave out of the herbes de provence, if you don't care for that seasoning mix. I love the freshness and levels of flavor that it brings to the chicken and dumplings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy these other Instant Pot recipes, WW Recipes, and Tips
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken
- Basil Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella
- Starbucks WW Menu Items
- The Most Tracked WW Food Items
- Blue MyWW Zero Point Foods
- Instant Pot Frittata
This Pressure Cooker Chicken and Dumplings makes a great freezer meal
I love an easy freezer meal that I can make in my pressure cooker. Your can make this in batches, portion them out, and then freeze. Super easy! To reheat, you can do it on the stove top, or you can place back in your Instant Pot.
For one portion (1 1/2 cups is the recommended serving size), I would use about 1/2 cup of water, and then cook on high pressure for about 3 minutes, and then quick release the pressure. This makes meal planning a cinch!