Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake is creamy, sweet, and bursting with slight tangy lime flavor.
Can I tell you a secret? I think I could live off cheesecake. Well, cheesecake and coffee. It matches my singular love for the Golden Girls. One of my favorite varieties cheesecake, besides traditional, is a lime cheesecake. I love how the tart lime taste cuts through the sweetness and makes the cheesecake have a bright zingy taste.
Frequently Asked Questions About Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake
Have you ever heard that making a homemade cheesecake is hard? Well, let me tell you, the Instant Pot takes all the hassle out of making a cheesecake. Cooking your cheesecake under pressure gives it less time to crack and it’s like a natural water bath.
Can I use Bottled Lime juice instead of Fresh?
You can definitely use bottled lime juice! However, there’s a distinct flavor profile difference. The fresh lime juice is able to cut through the fat of the cream cheese, and create such a great well balanced flavor. Also, you want some fresh limes for grating or slicing for your topping.
Can I use Key Limes in Lieu of Regular Limes?
That’s another, Yes! It will give it a slight key lime pie effect, as key limes are a bit more tart in flavor than traditional limes. Also, you’ll want to be sure to keep an eye on the seeds. Key limes are notorious for having more seeds than your every day type of lime.
Why do I need sour cream for the Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake
There’s a couple of reasons why you will add sour cream to the lime cheesecake. First, adding sour cream helps to soften the dense cream cheese texture, so it helps to make it less dense. If you don’t have sour cream, you can use heavy cream in place of it
The second reason is that it helps to balance the tartness of the limes. It aids in creating a lighter tang throughout the cheesecake.
What Can You Make the Cheesecake in?
They make lots of great spring form molds for the Instant Pot, you just have to make sure you don’t get one that’s too wide for your Instant Pot version you have.
- You can get this Instant Pot Official 7.5″ Spring Form pan, which I would probably suggest getting. If something wrong happens to your pan, then Instant Pot is really good at helping you replace faulty items.
- If you want a different one, then I would suggest you get this Hiware 7″ Springform cheesecake pan. I like the Hiware one because they actually send you precut parchment paper to fit inside the pan!
- Lastly, There’s the Fat Daddio Cheesecake pan. It’s standard to have in most households, as they were the first to design a smaller cheesecake pan. It was a stroke of genius that it was able to fit in the 6 quart Instant pot!
How to Freeze Your Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake
- Allow your cheesecake to completely cool on a counter.
- Freeze on your springform pan – To freeze on your pan, remove the sides from your pan and wrap your cheesecake in plastic wrap tightly, and then wrap again in aluminum foil.
- Frozen off springform pan – remove the sides from your springform pan and then slide your cheesecake off the bottom of your pan and onto a freezer safe plate or piece of cake board. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and cover in foil.
- Do not top your cheesecake before you freeze it. I have more fabulous freezing tips on my Instant Pot Blood Orange Cheesecake recipe.
How do I make Homemade Whipped Cream
To make homemade or fresh whipped cream, simply whip together one cup of heavy whipping cream and one tablespoon of powdered sugar. You could also add in one teaspoon of vanilla extract for a deeper flavor.
I prefer to use a hand mixer to whip up my whipped cream because my arm can’t handle all that whisking by hand. I mean why not let technology do the work for me! Place your fresh whipped cream in a piping bag or in a storage bag and then cut off the tip for piping, or you can use a medium sized star tip to make it more decorative and fun!
Instant Pot Lime Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 – 8 ounce packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice (fresh squeezed)
How To Make
1. Mix crushed graham crackers and butter until you reach a “wet sand” texture.
2. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit along the inner wall of your spring form. This will help to ensure that your cheesecake doesn’t stick to the sides and tear apart. Press into bottom of spring form pan, and then place into the freezer for 12 minutes.
1. Cream together cream cheese and sugar with a hand held mixer.
2. Add in sour cream, zest and juice. Mix on low speed with mixer.
3. Then add in your eggs, one at a time with your mixer on low speed. You don’t want to over beat the mixture after adding eggs.
4. Pour mixture into springform mold over graham cracker crust.
5. Place 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot liner. Insert trivet, and then place your cheese cake onto the trivet.
6. Close lid and close vent on lid to sealing position.
7. Press the pressure cook button and adjust time for 35 minutes. Once done, allow NPR for 15 minutes. When you open the lid to your Instant Pot, try your best to avoid dripping the condensation from the lid onto the cheesecake.
8. Remove cheesecake from Instant Pot and allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. However, it is best to allow to chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
9. Garnish with fresh whipped cream and lime zest.
Make sure that all your ingredients are room temperature before starting to make your cheesecake.
Top with fresh whipped cream, lime zest, lime slices or fresh berries.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (WW Friendly Zero Points!)
- Best Instant Pot Recipes That you’ll love making!
- Instant Pot Chili Lime Steak Bowl
- The Best Turkey Chili Recipe You Need In Your Life
- Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread Made Easy
- Instant Pot Lava Cake, Peanut Butter & Chocolate yum!
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken and Rice