Some keto food are just better than others, and these Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos soared easily to the top of our list of favorites. Four simple ingredients, the perfect amount of spice, and a cheesy, creamy filling to compliment the heat, these could be yummy party appetizers or just a lazy Sunday afternoon dinner.
To make this, you just need to blend together cream cheese and colby for a quick and easy filling, stuff your jalapenos, and wrap them in bacon.
There are very few carbs in this bacon-wrapped jalapeno recipe, so you don’t have to worry about ruining your diet! Our recipe makes about 20 of these, perfect for a small party, but you can always double or triple this if you want to feed a crowd.
What Are Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos?
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos are jalapeno peppers stuffed with a cheesy filling and wrapped in slices of bacon, then baked in the oven. They can be served as an appetizer or as a lunch or light dinner dish on their own.
They have a mild to medium heat rating. The keto version of this dish uses ingredients that carb-free or extremely low in carbs for those practicing a keto diet.
How Do I Store Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos?
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos are best eaten fresh. If you have leftovers, store them in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheat in the microwave in 20-second bursts.
Can I Freeze Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos?
Bacon wrapped jalapenos won’t feeze well, so I wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe. You likely won’t have many leftovers anyway, but if you do, try to eat them up in the next day or two.
How Spicy are Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos?
Jalapenos have a reputation for being really spicy, but if the seeds are removed and they’ve been washed, they aren’t very spicy at all. In fact, jalapenos are among the mildest of all the hot peppers.
Most people handle the heat of the jalapeños very well, and the creamy, cheesy filling helps cool them off even more.It’s definitely one of my most favorite appetizers to make!
Tips for Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- If your skin is sensitive to the jalapeños, wear gloves when making this recipe.
- Line your baking sheet with foil and non-stick spray or parchment for easy clean-up.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon or some might unwrap while cooking.
- You don’t have to measure out your cream cheese. ½ a cup is one 8-oz block cut in half.
- You can mix your cheeses together using a spoon, or use a hand mixer, but don’t overmix! You don’t want too much air to get into your cream cheese.
- Don’t touch your eyes or face when handling the jalapenos! Make sure you wash your hands really well after so the spicy jalapeno oils don’t burn you.
- Run your jalapenos under cold water while you’re scraping out the seeds to cut down on the heat if you’re sensitive to the seeds.
- Colby Cheese – any variety of soft cheese will work fine for this recipe. We also like mozzarella. Try a pepper jack for even more spice!
- Jalapenos – you can make this recipe with any hot or sweet pepper you want. Make a few spicy and a few with sweet mini bell peppers if your whole family doesn’t enjoy the heat.
More Yummy Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Was this Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno appetizer a hit at your house? Try any of our other amazing keto and low-carb recipes from the list below.
These keto bacon wrapped jalapeños will become your favorite new party appetizer or sinful snack for yourself or next gathering!
- 8-10 jalapeños, sliced lengthwise in half
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 4-5 pieces of bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut your jalapeños in half and clean out the seeds and ribs.
- Mix your cream cheese and colby cheese together in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Wrap each pepper with the cut pieces of bacon.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is too your liking.