Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I am a chocolate chip cookie lover through and through. I have tried and tested just about every single recipe there is out there known to man…and grandma, of course! Well, after finally messing around with different recipes…I came up of with my with a little twist here and there. The problem is that ALL chocolate chip cookies are basically the same. What’s really imperative is the type of sugar, fat and length of time in the oven. Those are the key elements in really making an amazing chocolate chip cookie. Most people keep them in TOO long, and they came out hard as bricks when they’re done cooling. Well, not these! Trust me, if you loved my Peanut Butter cookie recipe, then you know I will NOT lead you in the wrong direction! You can read about my Peanut Butter cookie recipe here. If you try out this recipe, let me know how it turned out for you! Get your glasses of milk ready and enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the to oven 375
- Cream together Crisco, vanilla extract, egg, salt, baking soda, light brown sugar and 2 table spoons of milk. Here’s one hint: allow the crisco to come to room temperature, or even put in the microwave oven for 10-15 seconds. Also, let milk and egg rest until they are at room temperature. Use a hand mixer on a low to medium speed to blend all together. I usually blend for a good minute.
- With a wooden spatula, slowly fold in the flower a little bit at a time.
- After the flour as been thoroughly mixed into the wet ingredients, add the bag of chocolate chips.
- I normally let the cookie dough mix stand for about 10 – 15 minutes for spooning out on a greased cookie sheet.
- Use a table spoon to take spoons of the cookie dough to the cookie sheet. I always recommend a melon ball scoop or ice cream scooper to regulate the size of the cookie dough.
- Now, SET YOUR TIMER. After placing cookies in the oven, bake them for 8 minutes and 11 seconds! Yes, I have the time down to a science. Too much more time, they will get to brown and become too hard. These will be soft with a bit of crunch to them!!