Everyday I fall more in love with my instant pot, especially after I made this instant pot chocolate chip bread pudding! Yes…I made it in my IP. Who woulda thunk it could be done? But I wanted to try something new. Most of you loved my instant pot monkey bread recipe, so I tried to broaden my horizon and make a different dessert in it that’s not cheesecake. Not that I’m against making a cheesecake, but I am trying to think outside of the “pot”.
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Is So Easy.
I didn’t think the recipe was going to be as easy to make, but it was! I was also scared about the density and texture of the pudding, was going to stick together in a big clump, or was it going to turn out to be bread soup.
The biggest part for me was to think about the cooking time in the pot and to NPR or QR. So I tried both types of pressure releases to see what would work best. In the end, there really isn’t a right answer. Since there’s only a cup of water, which I’m sure the bread absorbed some of the steam (obviously), there’s not going to be a ton of pressure to be kept in the pot. It’s gonna go away pretty fast. So do a QR when it’s done, and you’ll be just fine.
I also used a PIP method. I have a ton of different sized ramekins and baking dishes in my house…so I grabbed one that would perfect to make a dessert for two (unless you just want it for you, then I am totally not hating on your for it). However, I actually measured it for you all! It is 5 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep. You do NOT have to use this sized dish. You can use another of comparable size and depth in your IP. So don’t stress if you don’t have this exact piece in your kitchen. I just grabbed what I had lol.
Simple to make Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed my other Instant Pot Recipes.
Do you have a recipe that you want me to make? Send me an email or leave me a comment, and I’ll see what I can do!
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- 2 Cups of chopped & cubed challah bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- In a medium sized bowl, add all wet ingredients and beat with a fork until well blended.
- Add in your chopped challah bread and mix until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add in your chocolate chunks and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour contents into your container you're going to PIP in.
- I used 2 ramekins, face side up, at the bottom of my IP. I like the space it keeps away from the water.
- Place PIP dish onto of ramekins. Add 1 cup of water into the base of your IP pot.
- Close lid and place on 11 minutes High Manual Pressure.
- Once done, QR and remove lid. Allow to sit and cool. You can serve with a little extra sweetened condensed milk on top. YUM!