Air Fryer Christmas Cookies
These Air Fryer Christmas Cookies are easy to make and so delicious, because of their simple sugary, buttery dough. They are sure to impress at Christmas parties or holiday gatherings, but you can use any coloured sprinkles and bake these up for all kinds of occasions! The best part about these Christmas Cookies is that the preparation and cleanup are effortless, and you can enjoy these fresh-baked treats in minutes.
What are Easy Sugar Christmas Cookies?
Christmas Cookies are just about any cookie that is decorated to have holiday appeal. Traditional Christmas cookies are often sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies, but there are dozens and dozens of new recipes you can make around the holidays. Our classic sugar cookie recipe with festive red and green sprinkles is perfect for Christmastime because they’re light and sweet, and you can bake them with your children.
You can enjoy a delicious batch of holiday cookies with a mug of hot cocoa in front of your favorite holiday movie.
How Do I Store These Air Fryer Christmas Cookies?
Air Fryer Christmas Cookies can store on the counter for up to one week, so there’s no need to keep them in the fridge. Just be sure to keep these delicious morsels tightly covered.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Christmas Cookies?
Absolutely! You can freeze these Christmas Cookies. There are two different ways to freeze them. First, you can freeze the raw dough. To freeze your cookies raw, cut them into triangles and place them on a lined baking sheet about one inch apart.
Place the baking sheet into the freezer and let them freeze. Once they’re firm, remove your cookies from the baking sheet and place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. Store raw cookies in the freezer bag for up to three months.
To bake your frozen cookie dough, follow the recipe directions below to cook your dough in the air fryer. Then, add two to three minutes to your cooking time to allow the frozen cookie dough to thaw.
You can also freeze your cookies after baking them. To freeze pre-baked cookies:
- Allow them to cool completely.
- Once your cookies have cooled completely, transfer them to a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
- To thaw, remove from the freezer and allow to come to room temperature.
What Kind of Air Fryer Do I Need to Make Air Fryer Christmas Cookies?
There’s no need to buy a special air fryer for these cookies. Instead, you can use any air fryer that you have on hand. I have this basket-style air fryer. Basket air fryers are my preferred type of air fryer.
How To Make These Easy Air Fryer Christmas Cookies
More Christmas Recipes
Cappuccino Cookies Recipe
Easy Hanukkah Cookies
These Air Fryer Cookies are perfect for satisfying a holiday sweet tooth. But before you prepare this recipe, there are a few essential details to keep in mind:
- If you are unsure about using parchment paper in the air fryer, consider using reusable silicone liners to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat your air fryer. This step is essential to help them bake evenly. Preheating also makes them less likely to stick to the basket.
- Since every air fryer is different, be sure to check on your sugar cookies while they’re baking. You don’t want to burn them accidentally. Check the batch after 5 minutes in the air fryer, and adjust the baking time if necessary.
- Vanilla Extract— Add almond extract for taste variation.
- Sprinkles– There are many add-ins to choose from, such as M&M’s, Reese Pieces, or nuts.
- Butter– You may use either salted or unsalted butter. If you opt for salted butter, omit salt from the recipe.
More Yummy Holiday Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like these delicious Air Fryer Christmas Cookies, you’ll want to try some of our other easy holiday treats! Try any from the list below.
Maria Puck’s Holiday Spice Gingerbread Cookies
Holiday Apple Pie with Dried Fruit & Caramel Sauce
Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Christmas Tree
Air Fryer Christmas Cookies
These Air Fryer Christmas Cookies are easy to make and delicious. They are sure to impress at holiday parties or festive gatherings!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle for 5-7 minutes.
- Then, add in the vanilla extract into the mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then, gradually add the flour mixture into creamed butter and sugar.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are mixed, fold in the sprinkles.
- Roll out the dough and cut into 2 inch strips.
- Then, cut the cookies into triangles.
- Line the air fryer with parchment paper.
- Set the cookies on top of the parchment paper giving them about 1/2 inch of space. You will have to bake them in multiple batches.
- Set air fryer to 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer to the wire rack to allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.