Super hearty, creamy and full of deliciousness in every bite- this Instant Pot wild rice and mushroom soup recipe is an absolute must try. With just a few minutes of prep time, you’ll have this flavor loaded soup recipe ready. Plus, you can batch make it and store it for later too!
But before you get right into the recipe, here’s a bit more that you should know about it.
What is the Instant Pot Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup?
A rich and creamy soup base is packed with wild rice, mushrooms and seasonings to make it a filling and nutritious meal, and that’s what this Instant Pot wild rice and mushroom soup is all about.
This soup is a great big bowl of hugs and comfort for the soul, especially if you love mushrooms. I love that you don’t have to wait for fall or winter time to truly enjoy this soup, but it sure is amazing to smell and eat when the crisp cold air comes our way!
Why We Love this Creamy Delicious Soup!
We love this Instant Pot wild rice and mushroom soup because it is an excellent comforting and filling meal to put together when you don’t have a lot of time. It is incredibly nutritious and can be tweaked as per your taste preference too.
What Can I Use Instead of Wild Rice?
Wild rice can be a tad bit expensive as opposed to all other kinds of rice, but the texture and flavor it has is unmatched. Try to stick to using wild rice or wild rice blend for this recipe.
If you really don’t have it at hand, you could make do with brown rice or your regular white rice.
What Else Can I Add to this Instant Pot Soup?
This version of Instant Pot wild rice and mushroom soup packs in meaty mushrooms along with some aromatics and rustic herbs and spices, and some wild rice to make it more filling. You can, however, add in a lot of other ingredients based on your personal preference, and what you have at hand.
Veggies like carrots and celery work wonderfully along with the other ingredients, but you can, of course, experiment as well, and throw in greens like kale and spinach, or some chopped potatoes or zucchini. Broccoli florets and green peas can lend a fun pop of color to the soup and boost its nutritional value.
How Can You Store This Soup?
You actually can! This soup freezes wonderfully- just make sure you use a freezer safe container to prevent freezer burn. If you have any leftovers that you wish to store for later or want to prepare the soup in advance, you can do that too. It’ll be great for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Just transfer the soup to an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Use the microwave to reheat the soup for best results. Allow the soup to cool to room before placing into container and fridge.
Tips to Make my Instant Pot Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Making the wild rice and mushroom soup from scratch is super simple, but having these little tips and tricks handy can really make a difference.
- The heavy cream lends the soup an amazing richness and creaminess. If you don’t have heavy cream or are looking for an alternative, cashew cream should be a great option to consider.
- To add an extra depth of flavor and deliciousness to the soup, you can also throw in a bit of poultry seasoning along with the other herbs and spices.
- Remember that the soup will thicken once it is cooked and starts to cool down a bit. You can, however, whip up a simple slurry of corn flour and water and add it to the soup to thicken it up a bit more.
- To give the soup a little bit of tanginess, you can also add some tomato paste into it, and balance it out with a splash of soy sauce.
- The recipe calls for the use of white button mushrooms, since they’re easy to find and work with, but you could also use almost any other mushrooms of your choice.
- Got some extra rotisserie chicken waiting to be put to use? This can be a good recipe to try out. Simply the chicken instead of mushrooms, and follow the rest of the recipe as is.
- To lend the soup an extra element of elegance, top it with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This flavorful and delicious Instant Pot wild rice and mushroom soup goes perfectly with some crusty bread on the side to mop up everything that’s left. You can also top the soup with a little drizzle of olive oil or some chili oil if you prefer a bit of heat.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes To Love
- Instant Pot Lemon Tofu
- Instant Pot Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas