Instant Pot Lemon Tofu
Using your Instant Pot and just a handful of ingredients, you’ll be able to replicate this flavorful, filling and healthy Instant Pot lemon tofu recipe in your kitchen. This classic and versatile dish is so easy to make, you’ll find yourself coming back to it again and again.
Ready to get right into it and give this recipe a shot? Here’s a bit more about the recipe that you should know.
Why Do We Love This Instant Pot Lemon Tofu Recipe?
It’s simple! It’s packed full of amazing flavor, and makes a great meatless night alternative. Tofu, by itself, doesn’t have any flavor. It’s simple and boring.
The lemon adds so much flavor, and is able to “dig into” the tofu with it’s flavor citrus acid!
What Else Can I Add?
This recipe uses tofu and a few other classic ingredients and seasonings- it is actually pretty simple. You can, however, also give it your twist and play around with the flavors and add-ons. Here are a few good ideas to get you going.
- Pair the tofu with some crunchy, sautéed veggies like carrots, bell peppers, green beans, bok choy, and broccoli. Their texture can be a nice contrast against the softness of the tofu.
- Baby corn can be another fun addition to the dish. Just remember to make sure it is cooked well, but still retains a bit of that crunch.
- This recipe is actually a great way to get some more greens on your plate. Consider chopping up some leafy greens like spinach and kale, and adding them into the mix.
- Asparagus and tofu is another no-fail combination you can try out.
Can I Prep the Recipe in Advance?
You can! This nutritious and filling recipe can be made upto a day in advance. In fact, storing the Instant Pot lemon tofu overnight can actually help enhance its flavor and texture.
How Do I Store and Reheat the Dish?
Storing the tofu dish is pretty easy. All you need to do is transfer everything to an airtight container and refrigerate it for upto 3 days. Then, when you want to serve it, all you need to do is sprinkle some water and moisten it, and then reheat it in the microwave.
You can also choose to reheat the tofu dish in a pan- just remember to keep the heat low and give it a gentle stir a couple of times.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Instant Pot Lemon Tofu Recipe
Ready to get started on this surprisingly easy recipe? Wait up! You might want to have these little tips and hacks handy.
- Make sure you use extra firm or firm tofu for this recipe. This will ensure that the cubes are able to hold on to their structural integrity even after being cooked.
- Want to bring in a bit of extra flavor to the dish? Throw in a dash of maple syrup and a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
- Don’t have basil? Use any other fresh herbs of your choice- cilantro and mint leaves are two excellent alternatives that have versatile flavors that work wonderfully with this recipe.
- Chopped spring onion greens can also be an excellent flavorful garnish for the lemon tofu.
- Love the lemony flavor? Make it more intense by adding a bit of lemon zest into the mix.
- If you can, marinate the tofu in a bit of olive oil and the seasonings of your choice and refrigerate it overnight. This will help the tofu soak up all the flavor.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This Instant Pot lemon tofu can be a splendid appetizer or a side dish for any main that you’re whipping up. It can also be a nice protein top-up for any rice or quinoa based dish that you’re making.
And if you still have some leftover tofu waiting to be put to use, you might want to try your hands at this fun tofu chips recipe.
Easy Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipe
For all of my friends that are trying to stay Weight Watchers compliant, then you’ll love this recipe! For all plans, you receive ZERO SmartPoints on all 3 plans of Green, Blue, and Purple – also, ZERO PersonalPoints!
More Delicious Recipes To Make:
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Squash Casserole
- Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
Instant Pot Lemon Tofu
Using your Instant Pot and just a handful of ingredients, you’ll be able to replicate this flavorful, filling and healthy Instant Pot lemon tofu recipe in your kitchen.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 14 ounces of tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Chop the onion and cut the tofu in cubes (about 1 inch)
- Add the oil onion, tofu, salt and pepper the instant pot and set to sauté function. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic powder, oregano, lemon juice and vegetable broth the instant pot and stir to combine everything.
- Close the lid and set on high pressure for 5 minutes. Release the pressure immediately.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil. Serve in bowls with quinoa or rice if desired.
• This dish is even better the next day. You can add the leftover tofu to a salad.
• Will keep up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.