The Instant Pot is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. From savory to sweet, there’s almost nothing you can’t make with this handy cooking device and this Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe is proof of that!
All Things about My Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
While I do love a traditional oven baked cheesecake, this Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake sure does give it a run for its money! Starting with a crushed Oreo crust, this creamy smooth cheesecake also packs chopped Oreo cookies for a delicious crunchy contrast, then topped off with a decadent chocolate ganache and oreo cookie decoration!
Just describing this Oreo cheesecake has my mouth watering and considering that it can be fully cooked and served up in less than an hour makes this Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe a MUST-try!
How to Store the Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake (IF you didn’t eat it all!)
This Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake can be stored for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also extend storage time by freezing this cheesecake for up to 1 month.
A helpful trick to being able to enjoy individual slices of this cheesecake when storing in the freezer is to first flash freeze the cheesecake for about 2 hours till it hardens and then wrap individual slices of the cake in plastic wrap to be stored in an airtight container.
That way, you get to thaw the exact amount of cheesecake you want at any given time without having to defrost the majority of the cake!
Should You Leave the Oreo Cheesecake Sit Out for Long?
No, not for an extended amount of time. While this cheesecake could sit out at room temperature for up to 1 hour, I always make sure to store any cheesecake (whether baked or a no-bake recipe) in the refrigerator when it’s not being served.
The reason for this is due to the fact that all cheesecake recipes contain cream-based ingredients which will spoil if left at room temperature for extended amounts of time.
Variations of My Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- For a vanilla Oreo cheesecake, make use of Golden Oreos for the cheesecake crust, batter, and decoration.
- Chocolate shavings and sprinkles add to the decadence of this Oreo cheesecake too. A drizzle of chocolate syrup would also be super delicious!
- Change your milk chocolate ganache to a white chocolate ganache by simply using white chocolate chips instead of the milk chocolate chips.
- Make a boozy Oreo cheesecake by adding in ¼ cup of Baileys Irish Cream into the batter mixture and 2 Tablespoons into the chocolate ganache!
Tips for Making my Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- I recommend allowing your cream cheese to reach room temperature before making the batter as it will help create a smoother texture for your cheesecake since it’s easier to mix in with the other ingredients.
- If you’ve ever eaten a runny cheesecake, most of the time it’s due to the use of low-fat ingredients being used. If you want a sturdy, smooth and creamy cheesecake then don’t use anything else than full-fat ingredients.
- Purchase the cream cheese that you find in block form, not the tub variety. There is a big difference in the outcome of your cheesecake between these two. The cream cheese block is the real deal for any cheesecake lover who wants things done right!
- Easily make your cheesecake crust and filling in advance and refrigerate them separately for 1-2 days or freeze them for longer. That way, you won’t have to start from scratch, especially if you know you’re going to be busy.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy!
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- Instant Pot Cube Steak
- Instant Pot Butter Potatoes
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Olive Garden Copycat Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken And Pasta
- Instant Pot Apple Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pork and Beans
For the Crust
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the Batter
- 2 packages cream cheese (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream or heavy cream (if you don’t want sourness in cake use heavy cream)
- 10 Oreo Cookies (chopped)
For the Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 Oreo Cookies (chopped)
- Take the white part from 15 Oreo cookies and add them to a food processor and process until crumbs are formed.
- Melt the butter and combine. Press the mixture into a 7×3-inch springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese and sugar, mix until it gets creamy. Stir in cornstarch and heavy cream. Add eggs gradually. Do not over whisk! Add chopped Oreo cookies and stir with spatula.
- Remove pan from the refrigerator and pour cheesecake batter into the pan.
- Place metal trivet into a 6-qt IP.
- Add 1 cup of water. Place the cheesecake pan onto the trivet.
- Cook High Pressure for 26 minutes.
- Quick release.
- To prepare the ganache; heat cream (no boiling) and combine with chocolate chips until it gets melted. Let it cool down a little bit and pour over the cold cheesecake.
- Decorate with Oreo cookies.