Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
This authentic Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan is perfect for satisfying a craving for Italian cuisine. With tender boneless chicken, plenty of savory Italian herbs, and a smooth marinara sauce, this hearty dish is sure to please everyone at your table. Best of all? It’s really easy to make!
What is Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parmesan is traditionally served as an entrée and consists of baked chicken lightly breaded with Italian sauce and seasonings. The chicken is usually topped with melted parmesan cheese for a mouth-watering experience like none other.
How Do I Store Chicken Parmesan?
You can store Chicken Parmesan in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then, reheat Chicken Parmesan at half power in the microwave to enjoy leftovers.
Can I Freeze Chicken Parmesan?
The best way to freeze Chicken Parmesan is before adding it to the slow cooker. First, bread the chicken and wrap it in aluminum foil before storing it in a freezer-safe container for up to 9 months. If you want to freeze your leftovers, wrap them very tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a Ziploc bag. Keep in mind, your chicken might lose some of its consistency.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan?
Serve Chicken parmesan alongside a green salad, roasted veggies, or an antipasto platter filled with your favorite meats, cheeses, olives, dried fruit, and raw vegetables.
Tips for Making Chicken Parmesan
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with tin foil for easy removal after baking. Once it has cooled, hold the edges of the foil and lift Chicken Parmesan from the slow cooker. Transfer to a serving dish or into a storage container.
- You can get creative with your choice of jarred sauce. If you want to break from the traditional marinara sauce, reach for alfredo, pesto, or vodka sauce to give this dish more interest and variety.
- Leftover Chicken Parmesan is more delicious than Chicken Parmesan served immediately. Feel free to prepare this dish a day in advance and reheat it in the oven or the microwave.
Olive Garden Copycat Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
This Chicken Parmesan knocks it out of the park. But before you make this recipe, here’s what you need to know:
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top of Chicken Parmesan before serving for some added fresh taste.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to Italian cheese blends. Freshly grated or shaved parmesan, Pecorino-Romano, and mozzarella cheese are fantastic to top Chicken Parmesan.
- If you have time to prepare fresh Italian sauce (just like Nonna), your taste buds (and your family) will thank you. Begin by sautéing onions until translucent. Add garlic until fragrant. Pour a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, one can of tomato paste, and a cup of water into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add salt (to taste), pepper, oregano, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Then, add to the crock pot to complete the recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese– You can top Chicken Parmesan with fontina, asiago, Pecorino-Romano, or cheddar cheese.
- Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs– Don’t sweat it if you don’t have Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs on hand. You can use panko crumbs or crushed Ritz Crackers mixed with parmesan cheese and an Italian seasoning blend.
- Chicken– Eggplant Parmesan is an excellent vegetarian alternative to chicken. Peel the eggplant and cut it into ¼ inch rounds. Sprinkle with salt and allow them to sit in a single layer for 30 minutes. The salt will draw excess moisture from the eggplant. Pat dry before treating the eggplant to the egg wash and bread crumb topping. Layer eggplant rounds evenly between layers of cheese and sauce in the slow cooker before cooking on LOW.
More Yummy Italian Recipes You’ll Enjoy
If you like this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, you’ll want to try some of our other easy Italian recipes! Try any from the list below.
Homemade Vegetarian Lasagna
Italian Parmesan Bread Recipe
Spinach Cheese Tortellini With Italian Sausage
Instant Pot Feta Pasta (TikTok Pasta)
Penne Pasta With Sausage
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
With tender boneless chicken, plenty of savory Italian herbs, and a smooth marinara sauce, this hearty dish is sure to please everyone at your table.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in half
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 - 24 oz jar basil tomato sauce, or favorite sauce of choice
- Evenly spread the olive oil into the bottom and sides of your slow cooker.
- Place egg in a bowl, and beat with a fork. Set Aside. In another bowl, mix together: bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumbs mixture, coating all sides.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of chicken, and pour sauce over the cheese and chicken.
- Close lid and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 to 2 1/2 hours.