By now, I’m sure that you have seen the commercials for Barilla® Pronto™. I’ve been so curious about trying Barilla’s new line of pasta for a while, and was so super excited when I was approached to prepare a recipe with it and give them some feedback. Guess what? Buy this product now! Make sure you grab some New Barilla® Pronto™ next time you shop at Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, or Martin’s Food Markets. Barilla Pronto Pasta is also available through Peapod! I’m a little spoiled where I like, and have an amazing Stop & Shop about a mile away from me.
Trust me when I say this: You’re about to make your life so much easier! You LITERALLY can make a meal in 20 minutes or less!
Here’s what the pretty blue packaging looks like:
The whole concept behind Barilla® Pronto™ is to get rid of the draining part. With one box of the penne pasta, you only need 3 cups of water. I followed the directions on the back of the box. No kidding, you start the pasta off in cold water! I did a total double take when I read that portion on the back of the box. You the pasta in first! Then add your cold water, and set on med-high for 10 minutes. Done! Honestly, it took longer for me to cook the sweet Italian sausage!
As you all know, I’m a super busy “Dad”. Between Angela and my three nephews, helping with homework, cleaning the house, changing the channels, walking the dogs…I’m done. I need to make a fast meal to keep those bellies full! I also need a little bit of sanity, and Barilla® Pronto™ is certainly going to help with that!
I made a rustic style Italian sausage and Barilla® Pronto™ Penne pasta dish. It’s so super simple, delicious, and healthy! This was a perfect pairing for our Sunday night dinner. I was able to get dinner cooked and the kitchen cleaned before my most favorite zombie TV show came on! Now THAT is a life saver for me! Anything that can help me make a meal for 7 people in 20 minutes, gets a lot of love from this guy.
My recipe starts off with super simple and delicious ingredients!
Penne Pasta and Sausage Recipe
Now let’s get to cooking! Here’s there the recipe for you:
Penne Pasta With Sausage
- 1 Box of Barilla® Pronto™ Penne Pasta
- 1/2 quart of organic cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 bag of organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh garlic (minced)
- Parmesan cheese (sprinkled on top)
- In a medium sized pot, cook the penne pasta (Be sure to follow directions on the back of the box!)
- Cut your sausage links into ½" wedges.
- Place into large hot skillet, add sausage coins and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes into sausage coins, minced garlic, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add in your penne pasta, olive oil, and baby spinach into sausage and tomato mixture.
- Stir well, and remove from heat.
- Add a little parmesan cheese on top before serving.
There’s the final product, and it was super delicious! Oh, and Angela had thirds! Yes…she ate seconds, but she needed more of this! Thank goodness I cooked a lot!
Don’t forget to go to your nearest Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, or Martin’s Food Markets to buy Barilla® Pronto™ today! You’ll thank me later for it!