There is nothing better in the world than fried chicken, except maybe eating fried chicken that’s been stuffed with some homemade macaroni and cheese! I get to bring two of my most favorite meals together into one amazing and delicious recipe. I got the idea from chicken cordon bleu. I said to myself, “Self…if they can do it with ham and cheese, why not fill it with something I love even more and then fry it?”
If you’re looking for a healthy recipe, this totally not the one for you. This will make you fat, most especially because you will want more than one. However, let’s not talk about it being not healthy. Let’s talk about how simply amazing and delicious this is! From the crunchy coating, to the moist chicken, the slight oozing of the cheese…you will want to slap yourself. That’s how good it is! You’re also gonna love how simply easy it is to make!
I want to give you a small tip when making this: When you’re done making your homemade macaroni and cheese, let it cool and then place in the fridge for a good hour to get it more solidified. I found that the macaroni and cheese works best when it’s nice and cold when stuffing the chicken and frying it.
If you want an amazing dessert to go with it, then try my homemade banana pudding. Then you can go and take a 3 hour nap. Enjoy!
- 6 to 7 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Your favorite fried chicken batter (I used flour, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, pepper, paprika, and 21 salute from Trader Joe's).
- 4 Eggs
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- In a medium pot, add vegetable oil about a little over the half way mark of the pot. Turn on medium heat and start prepping your chicken.
- With a sharp kitchen knife, insert into the top portion of the breast and slide it 90% through the breast. you don't want it to go all the way through. Gently take the knife and start outlining the inside of the chicken breast and making an inside pocket. You don't need the opening of the chicken breast to be big, but you want the pocket to be.
- Once done, take a tablespoon and start spooning in the macaroni and cheese into the chicken breast a little bit at a time. The breast will expand, as you enter more in. Don't be afraid to add that mac and cheese in!
- Seal each breast with toothpicks before you dredge in flour before adding to the egg mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your eggs and scramble them well. Coat your chicken breast with the egg mixture before placing in your favorite fried chicken coating base. I double battered mine for that extra crust layer.
- Fry each side of the chicken approximately 5 - 6 minutes. It will turn a beautiful golden brown color and start floating. HINT: The only way the chicken will cook properly is if your oil is nice and hot.
- When your chicken is done, allow to cool before removing the toothpicks.
- Serve, and watch everyone smile as they eat!
I hope you enjoyed this super delicious recipe! Here are others for you to enjoy!