Crockpot Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
My crockpot sweet chili chicken recipe is super easy and amazingly delicious! However, I can’t take full credit for this one, as my Stephen had an idea and said, “Hey! I’ve got an idea! Let’s use our sweet chili sauce…I bet it would be amazing!” I was a little apprehensive at first. Only because I do love sweet chili sauce, but I wasn’t sure how it was going to going over in the cooking method process. I was like…sure…let’s do this!
I’m still very new to the world of crockpot cooking, but one of the biggest things that I’ve learned is to cook everything in stages to help with layering effect of ingredients to get the flavor profiles down perfectly. The longer the ingredients stay in the crockpot, the longer it infuses into them. However, I’m super determined to make some pretty amazing, simple, and delicious recipes in my crockpot to share with you!
I’m also excited because I’m part of food blogger recipe challenge group, and this month’s theme is: crockpot meals! I can’t wait to share everything with you that I’ve created! Please let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy!
Crockpot Sweet Chile Chicken
- 2.5 Pounds of Frozen (or fresh) chicken tenderloins You can substitute out with breast if you wish.
- 1 Cup of Sweet Chili Sauce (We used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups of Mixed Frozen Vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, and green beans)
- In a 5 quart crockpot on low, add in chicken, sweet chili sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook for approximately 6½ hours, and stir once in a while. The stirring will help shred your chicken.
- Add in your frozen vegetables and given it a stir.
- Cook for an additional hour and it's ready to serve!