(Photo Credit: Bobby Trigg)
Herb Crusted Tuna Salad Recipe
This is another one of my favorite copy cat recipes from an amazing chef, Bobby Trigg from the Ferry House Restaurant. His recipes are very intricately detailed and many different steps involved in creating his masterpieces, but I’m going to give you a run down version of it and keep the simplicity of it. You are DEFINITELY going to enjoy this if you love Tuna! I’m a HUGE Sushi Grade Tuna fan, and could probably eat it every single day. This Tuna Salad Recipe is palate pleaser for everyone. Before starting the recipe, you are going to need to make the Avocado Salsa Recipe I have. Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sushi-grade tuna steak, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces red beets, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small can chilled mandarin orange segments (drained)
- Avocado Salsa (see recipe on blog)
- 1 Metal chef ring for structuring salad (2 inch diameter)
When I prepare salads for my guests, I always like to chill my salad plates before hand in the refrigerator. Nothing is better than eating a cold salad off of a cold plate. It just adds to it. It’s so much better than eating a cold salad off a hot or warm plate.