My Sausage parm ring recipe is an easy and delicious appetizer to add to your game day list of food to serve! Join me and Johnsonville® for our #SausageBowl! My family and I are already a #SausageFamily, and we hope that you’ll come and join in on the fun! Johnsonville® has become the number 1 household name for it’s premium cuts of pork brand products.
From breakfast to dinner, Johnsonville® has you covered! I recently was given coupons to try more Johnsonville® products, and to come up with a super fun and easy recipe that any family can make to cheer on their favorite football team! After going through all of my choices, my mind was abuzz when I came across Johnsonville’s® new line of products: Pre-cooked sliced Italian Sausage. Say what?? Yes! Johnsonville® is making our lives easier and easier to help prepare fun and healthy meals for our family.
I couldn’t wait to get home to get started on this! Before I left, I made sure to swing by the dairy aisle for just a few other supplies to help bring my recipe idea to fruition.
When it comes to watching the Big Game at my house, I’m always looking for fun and easy ways to keep my friends and family members happy. There’s always a huge gathering at my house, so I also have to make a massive quantity of food. However, I don’t want my oven to be on all day; nor do I want to be in the kitchen cooking all day either. So, I like to break my recipes up for hot appetizers and cold appetizers, and try to find a balance. With that in mind, here are a few tips to help make your game day fun, and the bellies full:
- Find a balance of hot and cold appetizers. I ALWAYS put out a cheese platter. I love picking out a different variety of cheeses to try, but I always make sure to have some simple staple cheeses to make sure that there’s something for everyone. I match my cheese up with some whole wheat crackers and poppy seed crackers, and throw some olives on the side.
- Don’t Serve Hot Wings! Those are just a huge mess just waiting to happen. Instead, serve the boneless hot wings! To help keep your life easier, put some toothpicks in them. Your guests will completely thank you for it!
- It’s okay to serve chips. Okay, maybe not just your everyday ol’ potato chip. Make something fun and interesting! You can easily make pita chips, or buy them, and serve it with a little guacamole or Salsa. It’s hit every time. Besides, everyone loves having a little bit of a “crunch” sensation when enjoying the game. Especially when you have all those yellow flags just aimlessly flying around.
Now, let’s get onto my yummy recipe! This is a twist on a traditional croissant ring recipe.
Sausage Parm Ring Recipe
- 1 can of croissant doough
- 3/4 Cup of Johnsonville® Sliced Italian Sausage
- 1/2 Cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 Cup of Marina Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375
- On a cookie sheet, layout your rectangular pieces of croissant dough. To do this, make sure you are overlapping the larger pieces on the inside while the point tips are pointing out.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add your sausage. Sauté the sausage until the edges are browned. Once browned, add your marinara sauce. Stir to coat sausage slices and heat for about 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- With a spoon, spread sausage and marinara evenly around the middle portion of the ring where the dough is the thickest.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the sausage slices.
- Takethe outer edges of the croissant edges, and pull towards the center and slightly press in the middle to close. Repeat to the other 7 remaining points.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
And here is your final product!
See how easy that is? Plus it is super delicious!
Be sure to follow Johnsonville® on their social media platforms!!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.