This is a sponsored post for Acorn Influence, LLC. on behalf of LARA Nut Butters & Costco. All opinions and words are my own.
As much as I would love to, I don’t always have the extra time in a day to bake cookies for Angela and my nephews. It’s already filled with trying to work and keep them occupied. I’m just so super thankful that school starts Tuesday! So in celebration of not having any time, I decided to make them these super delicious No Bake cookie bars. I was inspired to make them from the new line of Nut Butters that were put out by Lara, the makers of LARABAR, and are going to be available soon at Costco! I was sent two different jars of their butters to try out and see if I like them or not.
The Schnazz-berry Taste Like Schnazz-berry!
What’s the verdict? I totally enjoyed them, especially the Banana Nut butter. It’s kinda crazy because I really don’t care for anything that has a banana infused taste. But this stuff is just all shades of yumminess in a jar. This stuff is so much better than any cookie in a jar can be. The Banana isn’t overwhelming at all. It’s what a call a “polite” flavor, which means that the flavor is super balanced.
My opinion of the chocolate coconut variety is totally the same. Polite flavor profile, and just ready to eat out of the jar, or a great accent on yogurt, or even as a dip for fruit! If you’re expecting something super sweet from these jars, stop right there. It’s not what you’re going to get. Yes…there is a bit of sweetness to them from the dried molasses and vanilla, but it’s not over done. Just enough to help accent the flavor. Plus you get all of the healthy fats from the nut oils and the flaxseed. In fact, the flaxseed adds a super subtle crunch…which I actually enjoyed.
I LOVE No Bake Cookie Bars!
With my busy life self, I knew exactly what I wanted to make: No Bake Cookies. They take no time at all to put together, and I don’t have to turn the oven on (double bonus win for me!). Here’s the super easy recipe below.
No Bake Cookie Bar Recipe
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup LARA Nut Butter (Banana Nut Flavor)
- 2 sticks Butter, Softened, Plus More For Greasing The Pan
- 1 cup LARA Nut Butter (Banana Nut Flavor)
- 1 box (12-ounces) Vanilla Wafers
- For the topping: Using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the chocolate chips and ½ cup LARA Nut Butter (Banana Nut Flavor). Now it's time to make the cookie bar base while this is cooling.
- For the bars: Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with a non-stick spray Using a stand or electric hand mixer, mix together the butter and 1 cup LARA Nut Butter (Banana Nut Flavor) until smooth.
- Add the vanilla wafers to a food processor and process until they are in crumbs. Then add the crumbs to the nut butter mixture and mix until just combined. Your Texture will be slightly crumbly in appearance. Spread it evenly into the sprayed pan and set aside.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the cookie base. Spread it out evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then cut into 20 bars.
- Keep refrigerated, as the bars and chocolate will soften at room temperature.