For the life of a blogger, the Holiday season is one of the most busiest times of the year! I can promise you that my fingers are typing away 1,000 miles per hour. However, busy times means I have less time to plan out meals and spend time on making them. So, I need to be able to think fast and try to create something nourishing and to be able to fill all these bellies in the house. Thank goodness I always have a Gardein plan in place to make my “meal time preparation” life a lot easier!
Yes, I’ve totally used Gardein products before, and I even used their Sizzling Szechuan Beefless strips over stir fry brown rice (super easy to make!). This time around, I’m using their Lightly Breaded Turk’Y Cutlet. What’s Turk’y without gravy? OH yeah…they have you covered! The container comes with 2 packages of pre-made gravy that they make (which is really super delicious, FYI).
I think you’re totally gonna love how super easy this recipe is! PLUS, it takes no time to make at all! I wasn’t too sure what I wanted to call these, so I’m calling them dumplings! Look how amazing they turned out.
Please, you really don’t need a fork to eat this. You can really just pick them up with your hands and start eating! Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it!
Here’s the image for ingredients for you:
Vegetarian Turkey Dumplings Recipe
- 1 Bag of Gardein Turk'y Cutlets
- Mashed Potatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Can of Refrigerated Croissant rolls
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a cookie sheet down with non-stick vegetable spray
- In a toaster oven, cook cutlets for approximately 10 -12 minutes at 425 (This will crisp it up).
- Allow to cool while putting everything together.
- Take 2 triangles of croissant rolls and place them end to end and crimp ends together to create a base.
- Place a Gardein Turk'y Cutlet in the middle.
- Then top with Mashed potatoes (I used a ziplock bag with a metal tip), and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bring each flap of the croissant rolls up to the top and twist the edges (like a twist tie) with the edges ending on the closed sides.
- Bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes (Or until golden brown).
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.
by David Murphy
Simple and easy to enjoy! Your family is going to love them and ask for more!