Tomato And Spinach Quiche
Let’s face. A Sunday brunch isn’t complete until two things have come together: An Amazing Bloody Mary (or Maria) and a delicious quiche! So many people are afraid to make one, including myself. I finally decided that I could do it…and I was going to do it! Sometimes we have to give our self a pep talk to just do things in life, and this is certainly one thing that I was going to accomplish.
What constitutes as a good quiche? Believe it or not it’s really the crust. It’s ALWAYS all about the crust that completes the quiche. Some might say it’s the amount of eggs or cheese…bull hockey. It’s the crust. I didn’t include my amazing crust recipe in here, but I do have it in another blog post for my Mini Apple Dumplings recipe. In that recipe it calls for using a little bit of sugar. I would still leave it in. It really does help structure and add a hint of flavor to the somewhat flavorless crust. Trust me…leave the sugar in.
Now, go and grab your Bloody Mary and get to work! Enjoy the recipe.
Tomato And Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Pie Crust (see Apple Dumpling Recipe for Crust)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Bag of Baby Spinach (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 Large Heirloom Tomato
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cracked pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- Preheat Open to 375 Degrees F.
- Spray your favorite tart pan or pie pan with a non stick spray. Mold crust to pie/tart pan and score the bottom with a fork. Bake in oven for approximately 12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Almost like the color of sunshine! Pull Crust out of oven and allow to cool.
- While Pie crust is baking, in a large pan over medium heat, sauté baby spinach with a little bit of olive oil. You want the baby spinach to a point of slightly wilted. Take off heat and put spinach in a small strainer to get excess water out of spinach. Allow to Drip dry. DO NOT PRESS SPINACH TO STRAIN!
- Once Spinach is drained, spread around the bottom of the pie crust.
- Then spread the shredded cheese around the bottom of the pie crust on top of the spinach.
- In a small bowl, beat your 4 eggs, salt and pepper. Then spread the eggs on top of cheese and spinach.
- Then slice the tomato into thin slices and spread around the top of the quiche mixture.
- Finish the top of the quiche with Rosemary and Basil.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until top of your quiche is golden brown in color.
- In a small bowl, beat
- In a small bowl beat the 4