Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
If you haven’t gathered just yet, I’m a good ol’ southern boy from Georgia. What do southern boys love? Buttermilk biscuits! What do we love more than that? Adding cheddar cheese to it! I’ve changed the method of preparation up just a little bit, but my mama used to her hands in the whole thing. For some reason, I just can’t make them as amazing as she does, but I’m hoping that it comes pretty close. I love cheese, so adding the cheddar cheese is my own little twist. Here’s a little something that I love doing to the biscuits once they come out of the oven: I like to add a small slice of butter on top of them so it melts all over. This must be done before eating them, and it allows a yummy buttery flavor to your biscuits.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups of Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut Crisco into mixture until it begins to look like tiny pellets (make sure it's blended well)
- Add shredded cheddar cheese
- Make a well with flour mixture and slowly add milk into the middle. Knead dough with your fingers or a fork and add buttermilk when necessary. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Cut with small biscuit cutter, or you can do my preferred method: Pinch off a small ball and form biscuit in hands.
- Before putting biscuits in oven, but a small thumb print in each center. This will make sure that your biscuits will rise evenly.
- Butter the bottom of cookie sheet and place biscuits in it. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
What are you favorite Southern Inspired food do you like to make? Send them my way, I would love to try them out!
Check out the recipes from the Holiday Recipe Month! Find out more about the Blogger Recipe Challenge and upcoming month’s challenges. Some Recipes were sponsored by HIC, Harold Import Co.
Please note this linky is only for bloggers participating in the Blogger Recipe Challenge. All unauthorized entries will be removed without notice.