Blueberry Yogurt Stuffed Strawberry Recipe
As you might now by now, I’m doing a lot of recipes based off of Clean Eating this month. In case you didn’t know, clean eating recipes involve no processed foods (white sugar, bleached white flour, etc.). It’s been super tough for me because I didn’t have a clue when I first started out on this journey of discovery of the clean eating lifestyle. I can tell you this, I’ve been feeling super great with lots of energy lately! Unfortunately, I have a bad sweet tooth (as if you couldn’t tell from other recipes on my blog). There were times I really wanted to peel the skin off of my teeth! I am so not lying at all! Ha! To curb my sweet tooth, I decided to focus on clean eating and what ingredients I could use. Besides being clean eating, all of the ingredients I’ve been buying are 100% organic certified and all natural. That’s the whole focus. I immediately pulled out what ingredients I had on hand an went to work. THESE are what I came up with! These are such a super healthy snack, dessert, or great for even breakfast! Here’s the recipe on how to make them. Enjoy!
Blueberry Yogurt Stuff Strawberries Recipe
- 1 Ice Cube Tray (Used to stand the Strawberries in as a holding platform in the freezer)
- Dozen Large Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Organic Yogurt
- With a small paring knife, cut the tops off the strawberries and start hallowing out the center. We mostly want the light parts gone as they tend to be a little tart, and we also need a little room for the filling.
- When done, place strawberries in a ice cube tray standing up...and then place in freezer while following the rest of the recipe.
- In a small bowl, you want to crush and mash the blueberries. Just enough burst the berries. Then add in your yogurt and mix well.
- Pull strawberries out of the freezer and with a teaspoon, start filing up the strawberries.
- Place in freezer for about 25 - 30 minutes, and you're all done!
by David Murphy