You’ll love this easy to make gluten free lime meringue muffin!
Lime Meringue Muffin Recipe: Gluten Free
I have to admit something to you: I don’t really bake a lot of muffins. Though, I sure do eat a lot of them! I have 2 favorite types of muffins: Blueberry and Pumpkin spice. So, I wanted to spread the range of my palette and come up something a little bit different.
I was looking at what I had in my pantry, and then lo and behold…LIMES! Yes, I tend to have a lot of limes available in my kitchen, but mostly because I love margaritas. Don’t judge me. There’s nothing that makes cooking/baking in the kitchen more fun than having a cold cocktail in hand. I was given some great Gluten Free products from Bob’s Red Mill to try to create a couple of spectacular recipes, and this one that I came up with. I hope you enjoy!
- Makes 6 Mini-Sized Muffins (Double ingredient amounts for 6 regular sized muffins or quadruple for 12 muffins. Increase baking time to about 20 - 25 minutes)
- Start with ingredients at room temperature:
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (OR light olive oil or melted butter)
- 1 tablespoon of Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill almond meal or hazelnut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Featherweight baking powder