To continue on the path of adding Cookie Recipes for you to try for the Christmas Holiday baking time, I have this amazing Viennese butter cookies recipe! This is super easy to make, plus it only has 3 ingredients…so you CAN’T go wrong! Everybody loves cookies, but I feel that these cookies are very nostalgic of my Grandmother…so I love these even more. These always bring me fond memories of her in the kitchen baking during the holiday times, and with me always having a chance to enjoy my time with her as her little helper. I would also like to say thanks to Sixlets for allowing me to use their products with my recipe. That chocolately goodness sure is a pleaser! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and make your own Christmas cookie memories!
Viennese Butter Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 Cups Butter (I used salted), room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons of Confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 Pastry bag with a Medium sized star tip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and confectioners' sugar until very soft. Mix for about 5 minutes. You want to make sure sugar is spread and dissolved through out.
- Then add in your flour a little at a time.
- Add your cookie do into your pastry bag. Now you can be creative.
- You can make 3 inch long fingers, or you can swirl them in the same spot to create little cookie swirls.
- Add Sixlets on top before baking.
- Bake for approximately 10 - 15 minutes, or until lightly golden in color. Then transfer to cooling wrack. Have fun and add a few decorations to it, or even better...melt down some chocolate and dip them in it!
For my decorations on the cookies, I actually used Christmas Colored Sixlets. They add a great color contrast, and the nice chocolately crunch surprise is delicious!
Here are some great items to help you out!
Here are the Christmas Sixlets that I used. You click on this link to buy them if you can’t find them anywhere!
Here are the set of Wilton Decorating tips that I have and use very often.
If you want the ultimate decorating set, then this kit is a MUST for you! This is the kit that I have, and I actually use it all of the time. This Wilton Ultimate Decorating Kit is freaking amazing!