Toasted Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
When most people think of pound cake, they really don’t think of putting coconut in it. I’m here to tell you that that is a big mistake in your thinking process! This pound cake turns out moist, chewy, and absolutely amazing! You get the chewiness factor from the cake, and then crunchy factor from the coconut toasting on top of it! This is a perfect cup of coffee dessert! Enjoy!
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 eggs
- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of swans down cake flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla or lemon flavoring
- 1 1/2 Cups of shredded Coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Cream sugar, cream cheese, and butter add 1 cup of flour and two eggs cream together and keep adding eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour until creamed together smoothly then last add flavoring and mix well. Your mixture will be super rich and thick. Don’t worry! This is how it’s supposed to look.
- Finally add in 1 cup of shredded coconut, and mix for an additional minute.
- Poor mixture into mini bread molds or your favorite mold of your choice. (be sure that it is buttered and lightly floured to make sure it won’t stick to sides) and top off with remainder coconut.
- Bake for approximately 50 mins or until a fork or toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Different altitudes will have different cooking times).
- Allow time to cool. Since this is very thick, it will need a lot of time to cool. Though, I do like cutting a slice when it’s warm
by David Murphy