This Tropical Fruit Marshmallow Fluff is a vibrant and delicious dessert salad recipe made with instant lemon pudding mix, Cool Whip, an assortment of tropical fruit, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows.
This fluff salad is the perfect no-bake sweet treat to enjoy on warm summer days for barbeques or whenever you have a tropical fruit salad craving. It’s rich and creamy, with a mixture of fresh, fruity flavors.
Simply mix all of the tropical fruit marshmallow fluff ingredients in a bowl, chill to set, and serve with your favorite sweet crackers and wafers to scoop into!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TROPICAL FRUIT FLUFF
If you’ve never tried tropical fruit fluff, prepare for a serious treat! Tropical fruit marshmallow fluff takes the concept of a fruit salad and adds a touch of decadence by including ingredients such as pudding mix and Cool Whip.
As if that wasn’t enough, this creamy fruit salad includes mini marshmallows, pineapple tidbits, and shredded coconut!
HOW SHOULD I STORE THIS TROPICAL FRUIT MARSHMALLOW FLUFF?
Leftover tropical fruit marshmallow fluff should be stored in an airtight container or the serving bowl, covered with plastic wrap, in the fridge for 3-4 days. It’s best to give the tropical fluff salad a little mix before serving again, as some of the juices from the dessert could have separated in storage.
CAN I FREEZE THIS DESSERT?
I don’t recommend freezing this dessert as the ingredients will definitely start to separate, and the texture of the dessert will be ruined.
If you’re looking for a way to make this tropical sweet treat in advance, simply assemble the dessert 1-2 days before serving, store it in the fridge, and only add fresh garnishes just before serving.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS VINTAGE MARSHMALLOW FLUFF SALAD RECIPE?
- Use light or low-fat Cool Whip or make your own whipped topping for this dessert if you want to control the fat content better.
- Sugar-free or fat-free instant pudding mix can be used.
- Create a different fruity twist to this dessert by using a different fruit-flavored instant pudding mix or even a vanilla pudding mix or cheesecake pudding mix.
- Crushed pineapple can be used instead of pineapple tidbits.
- Other add-ins could include chopped nuts and white chocolate chips.
TIPS FOR MAKING TROPICAL FRUIT MARSHMALLOW FLUFF
- It’s important to chill this dessert salad before serving it, as this allows all of the flavors to blend together and for the fluffy salad to set. It’s normal and desirable for the marshmallows to become softer and the cream to become thicker and creamier while chilling.
- Don’t discard the pineapple juice. This is needed for mixing with the pudding mix and adds delicious flavor to the fruit salad.
- Top this marshmallow fluff with extra shredded coconut, fresh fruit, and more mini marshmallows.
- You could use a clear serving bowl when assembling this dessert salad for maximum visual effect!
- This tropical fruit marshmallow fluff can be enjoyed in a dessert bowl or shallow glasses alongside a platter of your favorite sweet crackers or wafers to dip into.
- This tropical fruit marshmallow fluff recipe can be doubled if you are serving to a larger crowd.
More Fruity Treats!
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Orange Fluff Salad
- Air Fryer Pear Tarts
- Cherry Tart
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Air Fryer Strawberry Cheesecake