I love creating easy and delicious meals in my instant pot, especially pasta dishes. I knew that I had to attempt to make an instant pot lasagna recipe as soon as I could one day. That one day was today, and it did not let me down at all. I’ve seen several ideas of people doing this recipe in a slow cooker, but I haven’t seen anyone do it in their instant pot. The recipe normally calls for lasagna noodles, but I decided to do it with a 3 cheese ricotta filled raviolis!Share the secret lasagna ingredient with your friends!Click To Tweet
I used fresh raviolis in this recipe. You can use frozen ones, but you will have to adjust the time allotment by 5 extra minutes.
This recipe is also kid tested in my home! All 4, including Angela into that, gave me the huge thumbs up! I’m going to love using my Instant Pot during the hot summer months when I don’t want to turn on that dreaded oven. So that’s a winning thought for me already. I’ve already made a yummy monkey bread, a strawberry cobbler, chicken parmigiana, and so many other recipes in my Instant Pot so far. I can’t wait to keep on making more!
It turned out so super cheesy and full of great flavor. Now the question, “Why did you just use lasagna sheets?” Well, IMO they are so thin and would just disintegrate and turn into mush. At least the raviolis have a much firmer texture and are locked into place, so I didn’t fear that they would be mushy or fall apart. Just a little too much extra work, and I need to make fast and easy meals for my big family.
I cooked this in a PIP method with a 1.75 Quart Pyrex glass bowl dish. It’s just deep enough for my IP and still be able to feed my family. Here’s the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it!
The Easiest and Laziest Instant Pot Lasagna
The Best Instant Pot Lasagna
- 2 - 12oz bags of fresh 3 cheese raviolis
- 24 ounce jar of favorite sauce (or homemade sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Place 4 tablespoons of sauce at the bottom of your container you're cooking in.
- Place a layer of raviolis down. Approximately 10-12 pieces will fit per layer
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese, followed by a layer of sauce, and then a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Repeat this method until all raviolis have been used, and you do a final layer of sauce on top with parmesan cheese sprinkled over.
- Place 2 cups of water in your IP container, and then place your dish in. I used ramekins because I wanted more height from the base of the IP. The ramekins area approximately 1¼" tall.
- Place lid on your IP, and lock into place. Put on 20 Minutes High Manual Pressure.
- When time is completely, do a QR.
- Remove lid and add final layer of mozzarella cheese on top, and sprinkle oregano on top of the cheese.
- Place lid on the IP to help the steam melt the cheese on top. No need to lock the lid in place.
That’s how super easy it is to make!
I hope you enjoyed my recipe! Don’t forget to Pin this for later for you to come back to and make! You’re family will crave you to make this instant pot lasagna over and over again.