Today, I’ve combined my obsession for chocolate and Starbucks canned Doubleshot of Espresso into these decadent cupcakes! Introducing Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Mocha Cupcakes!
These mocha cupcakes can be enjoyed plain or topped with Nutella whipped icing, a simple chocolate ganache, or coffee buttercream.
There isn’t a ton of caffeine in the cupcake batter, making these treats safe for after-dinner treats or to serve to the kiddies.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THESE STARBUCKS DOUBLESHOT ESPRESSO MOCHA CUPCAKES?
While these Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Mocha Cupcakes contain caffeine, it’s not enough to keep you up at night, and they are perfectly safe to give young children.
The canned coffee energy drink makes the cupcake batter light and fluffy while providing a delicious mocha flavor that isn’t overpowering.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE STARBUCKS CUPCAKES?
These Starbucks cupcakes can be stored unfrosted at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
If you’ve frosted these cupcakes with dairy-based frosting or buttercream, it’s best to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Remember that the longer these cupcakes are stored, the more moisture they will lose, turning them dry and crumbly.
CAN I FREEZE THESE STARBUCKS MOCHA CUPCAKES?
Absolutely! To extend the shelf-life of these cupcakes, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil (without frosting added) and store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Thaw these cupcakes at room temperature and top them with fresh frosting or buttercream before serving.
HOW MUCH CAFFEINE IS IN STARBUCKS DOUBLESHOT ESPRESSO MOCHA?
Each can of Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso Mocha contains about 75 mg of caffeine, according to the information listed on the can.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THESE CUPCAKES?
- Top these mocha cupcakes with a rich chocolate ganache. To make this simple ganache, combine chocolate and hot heavy cream. Pour it over the cupcakes and allow it to cool and set for a few minutes.
- Make gluten-free cupcakes by using a gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, or coconut flour.
- Frosting can be used to top these cupcakes. You can also use buttercream frosting, whipped cream, or cream cheese frosting.
- Chopped nuts (almonds or hazelnuts) can be used as a delicious garnish. Other crunchy topping ideas include crumbled Graham crackers or crushed chocolate cookies over slightly wet frosting or ganache.
- Use canned Starbucks Doubleshot Vanilla and combine it with caramel or peppermint.
- Create an adult version of these cupcakes by including a splash of Kahlua, Baileys, or other flavored liqueur to the cupcake batter or frosting.
TIPS FOR MAKING STARBUCKS DOUBLESHOT ESPRESSO MOCHA CUPCAKES
- Always use good quality ingredients to make these cupcakes. Ingredients like eggs should be brought to room temperature for better mixing and smoother texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter as this can result in tough and dense cupcakes.
- You can use freshly brewed coffee and cocoa powder instead of using canned Starbucks Doubleshot energy drink.
- If you decide to frost your cupcakes, allow them to cool completely first. Hot cupcakes will melt the frosting and cause the frosting to slide off.
- You can use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the cupcake batter into the cupcake liners so that you achieve cupcakes of even size which will also bake evenly.
- Use a piping bag for neat and professional-looking frosting on these cupcakes.
- For extra decadent mocha cupcakes, add chocolate shavings to the top of the frosting.
More Delicious Cupcakes Recips
- Best Pumpkin Spice Latté Cupcakes
- Easy Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Easiest Red Velvet Cupcakes Ever
- Cutest Melting Snowman Cupcakes
- Bloody Broken Glass Cupcakes