My spicy Sausage Alfredo is a creamy, slightly spicy dish consisting of Johnsonville® Mild Sausage, al dente penne pasta, and a creamy white alfredo sauce.
This spicy sausage Alfredo transforms an ordinary family pasta meal into something different and exciting, getting everyone around the table in no time! Enjoy this spicy sausage alfredo with crusty bread or a side salad for lunch or dinner.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO
This recipe uses Johnsonville® Mild Sausage (Cut into coins), a delicious alternative to chicken when making alfredo. The mild sausage adds a lovely kick of heat to this dish which you can easily adjust by adjusting seasoning and spices.
This dish is inspired by a traditional Alfredo dish, consisting of a creamy and rich sauce made from ingredients such as heavy cream, butter, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
CAN I STORE LEFTOVER SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO?
Yes, you can. Once completely cooled, store leftover spicy sausage alfredo in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
CAN I FREEZE LEFTOVER SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO?
Yes. This dish can be frozen for 3 months. Thaw it overnight in the fridge before reheating.
HOW SHOULD I REHEAT LEFTOVERS?
Leftover spicy sausage alfredo can be reheated in the microwave, in the oven, or on the stovetop, and add a splash of water, broth, or milk to loosen the mixture.
WHAT VARIATIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS RECIPE?
- Use your favorite sausage for this recipe – pork, chicken, beef, or turkey will work.
- I’ve used the spicy variety of Johnsonville® Sausage. You could use the sweet variety instead.
- Add some cayenne pepper or red chili flakes for an extra kick of heat to this recipe.
- Include vegetables in this alfredo, such as mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, or zucchini.
- I’ve used penne pasta for this recipe but you could also try cavatappi, rigatoni, conchiglie, tagliatelle, or fusilli.
- Make this spicy sausage alfredo gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO?
This spicy sausage alfredo can be enjoyed with homemade dinner rolls, crusty bread, or garlic bread, a side of grilled or roasted vegetables, a Caprese salad, or a simple green salad.
TIPS FOR MAKING SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO
- Cook the pasta al dente. It should still have a slight bite to it. The pasta will also continue to cook when added to the pan and tossed with the other ingredients.
- Top each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta. Freshly chopped herbs sprinkled over the spicy sausage alfredo is also a great topping idea.
- It’s important to brown the sausage before combining it with the other ingredients. This will ensure it cooks through and browns on all sides, locking in the juices and intensifying the flavor.
- Season the pasta water with salt to enhance the flavor of the pasta and to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Add some beef broth to the pasta water or cook the pasta in beef broth to give this dish an even richer flavor.