Don’t you just love chocolates? The ooey-gooey, creamy, and rich taste of chocolate is unmatched! You can use it to make anything! Milkshakes, smoothies, desserts, ice creams, and one-bite oatmeal bars. However, today I decided to make something a tad bit different than the regular chocolate desserts: I decided to make sea salt chocolate almond clusters!
The best thing about this sea salt chocolate almond clusters recipe is that it only requires 3 ingredients. And all the ingredients are so basic that we usually have them in our kitchen cabinets or fridge at all times like chocolate chips and dry fruits.
There are so many reasons for you to just fall in love with the sea salt chocolate almond clusters recipe! For starters, it’s so easy to make; you just need to mix and refrigerate. That’s right! There’s no cooking involved as it’s a no-bake recipe!
Did I mention that it only requires 3 ingredients? That’s the second reason to love this recipe! No running to the store to buy ingredients, no rummaging through aisles to find the right product, and no spending hours arranging the products on your kitchen counter.
Also, these sea salt chocolate almond clusters taste heavenly! The sweetness of chocolate, the nutty, woodsy, earthy, and toasty flavor of almonds, and the saltiness and unique crunch of the sea salt, all combine to give this snack a sweet and salty flavor.
But, there’s more! Apart from whipping up these delectable delicacies in less than 30 minutes, you can make them any time, any day, and for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a lunchbox idea for your kids, a quick post-dinner dessert, something to take to a potluck supper, or if you’re simply craving something sweet, these sea salt chocolate almond clusters should be your go-to choice.
There’s no added sugar; just chocolates, almonds, and sea salt. Therefore, you can devour these chocolatey nutty clusters without any guilt!
The 3 basic ingredients for this super quick and easy recipe are:
- 1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: I used 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. However, you can use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or just pieces of a chocolate bar to make these clusters.
- 2⅓ Cups Almonds: To add a nutty crunch to the chocolate, the primary ingredient is almonds. You can use the salted ones or unsalted ones, based on your preference; however, I suggest using unsalted ones because we’re already adding sea salt to the recipe.
- Coarse Sea Salt: To add a dash of saltiness to the chocolate almond clusters, sprinkle a little sea salt on top.
While this recipe is super quick and easy to make, here are some common queries to help you with it:
There are 3 ways to melt chocolate. You can either use a double boiler or if you don’t have it, you can make one yourself by placing the bowl of chocolate over a pot of simmering water. The third method is to melt the chocolate in the microwave. Although, for this recipe, I melted the chocolate chips in the microwave, the best way to melt them is via the double boiler method. It ensures that the chocolate melts evenly without getting burnt.
Almonds are considered healthy because they are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E. However, if you coat them in chocolate, they would still be considered healthy, if taken in moderation. But this also depends on the kind of chocolate you’re using. If you’re using sweetened milk chocolate chips, you should eat a small amount. However, if you’re using dark, semi-sweet, or unsweetened chocolate chips, the clusters can be considered relatively healthy.
Freezing the chocolate almond clusters can make them too hard to bite into; therefore, I suggest keeping them at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
1. Roast the almonds before adding them to the melted chocolate.
2. Store the chocolate almond clusters in an airtight container at room temperature for them to remain soft enough to easily bite into.
3. Use good quality chocolate for the best taste.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
- Pumpkin Lava Cake with Chocolate Center
- French Silk Brownies
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Homemade Chocolate Granola